Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

Rev S upgrades to ZO

RichardDoane

• Baller

I put the single puck on my 5.7 200. Solved the satellite issue and runs well. I went out and ran 35 for the first time a couple of weeks after putting it on, so it must not completely suck. I also played with different settings and could feel the difference. The 5.7 in a 200 takes some heat, but I don’t run 39, so I don’t discern it as a problem. One of the top pros ran 41 behind my boat, so much like the single puck in a 5.7, the boat is probably fine and the least of my worries. Any of the suck is on me.

Use Freddy Krueger’s videos on YouTube for a walk through of the installation. He did a great job.

• Baller
Converted my 5.7 196 to single puck. Sure seems responsive enough to me. I also ski behind a new 2020 6.2 200 as well as a 2020 6.2 Ski Nautique. Have run 38 behind all three and all feel very comparable. (Do think the 6.2 Ski Nautique feels the most firm however). Rev S only works with single puck.

• Baller
@RichardDoane that's good to hear we have a new single puck and an upgraded head unit waiting to go into our 6L CP very soon. Our primary Garmin puck had gone bad so it made sense to upgrade. Looking forward to it

• Baller

Any comments on using the Plus on the S vs. the R...I really like the Plus on the S since it picks you up smoother off the ball than the old plus did, and especially if your a big guy, will help SHOOT you across. You can even hear the RPM in the boat pick up when you load it. If you haven't tried it you should. I suggest you start with A+ first, then move to B or C, because it is a significant increase.

In Regular mode on my 200 6L, I always liked C2, but in Plus Mode B2+ does a better job of acceleration cross course....C3+ is a absolute rocket ride.

• Baller
@Booze No question the conversion to Rev S was worth it. The primary reason for the upgrade was my decision to resume doing tournaments after a 9 year hiatus. All the tourney boats had Rev S. To make my old 196 feel more like the new boats, made the conversion and very glad I did. My old boat has a new engine and tranny (400 hours now), so with the Rev S, feel this boat will last me a few more years. Although somewhat partial, think my 196 is the sweetest pull around.

• Baller

I asked this question in a separate thread but got no response there;

On our club boat in Sweden, a Response from 2009 with Indmar 5,7l 330hp, we have upgraded ZO to Rev S with single puck over the winter. Pull is very nice at 36 and 34Mph but at slower speeds it doesn't work at all. The slower the speed, the worse it works. It surges up and down with our light youth skiers that ski at slower speeds. At the moment we hand drive anything under 32mph due to this problem. Does anyone have a hint on what to do?

ZO responded on mail that the RPM might be dropping out but it doesn't. Anyone else experienced this problem?

• Baller
@Mick04 didn't even know that RPM mode existed on ZO, will have to print the user manual. Still think there should be a solution so Slalom mode could be used, but RPM mode will surely be better than what we get now, thanks very much!