what do you see in this image?

Horton

• Administrators

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

California Ski Ranch ☆ Connelly ☆ Denali ☆ Eden Lake ☆ Goode ☆ HO Syndicate MasterCraft ☆ Masterline ☆ 

Pentalogo ☆ Performance Ski and Surf ☆ Reflex ☆ Radar ☆ Rodics OffCourse ☆ S Lines ☆ Stokes 

About Horton

• Baller

The ski path from the bottom of the picture to well beyond the buoy is nearly parallel with the boat path and arc or her change of direction is not occurring until well past buoy.

The other thing is she is well aligned in her body and over her ski, waiting patiently to load.

I find this picture very deceptive. It looks like a very nicely executed turn and body position but it looks late and narrow. Like it looks like the turn started at the ball. I'm guessing since its Manon though that it is not late and its just the perspective this angle gives you.

• Administrators
@One_Ski I think she is skiing a easier pass. If the rope was shorter the tail slide / smear would start a lot sooner in relation to apex if but the ball.

California Ski Ranch ☆ Connelly ☆ Denali ☆ Eden Lake ☆ Goode ☆ HO Syndicate MasterCraft ☆ Masterline ☆ 

Pentalogo ☆ Performance Ski and Surf ☆ Reflex ☆ Radar ☆ Rodics OffCourse ☆ S Lines ☆ Stokes 

About Horton

• Administrators
@ScottScott I suspect 28 or 32. If you view the original post on IG on your phone you can sort of see the shortening loops. Also she is pretty far behind the boat and almost at the ball line.

About Horton

• Baller

Center line to buoy = 37.7ft (4.25" on my monitor)

Rope = 4.5" or 4.25 x 1.06

37.7 x 1.06 = 39.9ft

75 - 39.9 = 35 off

Unless there's enough bow in the rope to account for an extra 3 ft, to make it 32 off, but I don't think so.

I'm not just bored, I'm quarantine bored.

o6cevq7q60r9.png