Help me repair bimini ProStar

LoopSki

• Baller
pack it full of sand before trying to bend. When bending, bend slowly, you may have to reposition many times in order to teas it straight again. Best if you have a "tubing die" that fits the diameter.

• Baller_

@LoopSki I wouldn't apply heat, just disassemble ( only need an allen wrench ) and slide the pieces out of the way so you have better access to the area that needs straightening, make a jig in your vice with wood pieces so you don't scratch/mar the stainless, take your time and do you best, that's all we ask !

• Baller

Same thing happened to our old boat rushing to beat an approaching storm.

Disassemble it completely as was stated. We made a wood vice block with a round profile to clamp on the outside of the tube and used a copper pipe on the inside to help with bending. Go extremely slow! Only straighten a little at a time and go progressively. I’m not sure if your frame is stainless or aluminum. Ours was aluminum so you could see if a stress crack was about to form. Your starting point isn’t nearly as bad as ours was.

• Baller
Take the ends off and find a steel bar that slips into it, round out the end of the bar so it doesn't gouge and push it up the tube, then when it hits the area that's bent it will stop, you then grab the steel in the vice and bend the tube while pushing it over the internal mandrel - may help to add grease to the inside of the tube, push/roll/push/bend over the bar until it is straight enough to keep going. Rubber mallet can be used to tap to round out the tube in areas where it kinked.