Course in Traverse City/Elk Rapids (MIchigan)?

Davismp1

My 19 year old daughter is on the University of Cincinnati Waterski Team and will be working in Elk Rapids, Michigan this summer. She is trying to find a course in the area to ski on once a week (or so) to practice for the fall collegiate season. She would be willing to pay or work in exchange for some pulls.

Does anyone know any courses in the Traverse City area? I’m hoping to find someone who loves to ski and is sympathetic to an amazing young lady who loves to ski the course more than anything in the world. ;-)

Thanks...I will let her know. Guests depart and new ones arrive each Saturday so it might be tough for her to get away for a whole day for a tournament (it's a big work day for them). She would love to participate but may not be able to. Last year, she tried to get to one tournament but couldn't make it work with her responsibilities at White Birch Lodge. :-(

@Davismp1 I am currently in the same situation as your daughter. I am looking for a place to ski for this upcoming summer (May 2020). I have been looking for a place to ski for a while, and there is not much up there.

Glacial lake Water ski club seems to be the only close ski lake:

http://www.wakescout.com/directory/north-america/united-states/michigan/levering/853/glacial-lake-waterski-club

Elk lake has a course on it, I am still trying to find a ski nut that lives there and is willing to take me out to ski.

I will be attending summer tournaments and skiing with MSU in Lansing as much as I can. My phone is 586-770-4066, feel free to keep in touch and hopefully we can find a skiing solution!

• Baller_
@jakecuz23, the Elk Lake course might be handled by Steve Hark. I believe he also skis at Levering (Glacial Lake). I will send you his email. If nothing else, he might have a line on other options near there.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

Ex-staffer who loves the area, but logistics haven't worked out to vacation there in a few years.

If we tow my 190 up this summer she'd be welcome out on Elk with us - we only wish we were course skiers, but we can pull her through if she has some patience.