Wetsuit for tall female wknd skier

quinne

• Baller

I live in eastern NC and ski most weekends from May-Sept. I would love to extend that season by a month on either side but at my slightly older, wussier age I have less tolerance for being cold. I'm slim, tall (5'11") and female so most suits are made for shorter women.

I would appreciate suggestions on what brand and what kind of suit I need (shorty, full, zip up jacket w/ pants?).

Thanks!

Elissa

• Baller
Imo - I’ve been using O’Neil suits for 30+ years. Recently sent two twenty+ yr old suits to them for repairs and they came back like new. At 6’2” 170 the men’s medium tall sizing works great for me. My newest 2018 is an Epic long sleeve shorty, blind stichted, glued and taped seams. The Epic 3/2 full suit has the same features.

• Baller

I have a mens 2/3 millimeter XL sized full back zip O’Neill that our neighbor borrows in the early season. She’s 5’11’ and it fits her fairly well. Me being 6’5 and pushing 240 it’s too small but it fit me well when I was in the 190 to 210 range in my youth.

If you can try some on, don’t be afraid to try some men’s suits. Our neighbor says she often finds some of the men’s watersports gear fits her better than the women’s stuff as the sizes have a bit more length to them.

I’d say focus on fit/feel and not worry about brand, size and men’s or women’s size if you can try a few on.

• Baller
Thanks for the feedback from everyone. I'm definitely open to a men's suit. I'm around 130lbs so it would need to be on the smaller side. Probably leaning towards a shorty since we winterize the boat before temps get too low anyway.

• Baller

Elissa,

try one of the Camaro long sleeve shortys (Blacktec or Titanium).

They come in unisex sizes and considering how thin (and flexible) the material is, they are surprisingly warm and also almost watertight.

My wife is a pretty tall (6’1”) and slim (155lbs) person and she fits perfect in her Size M Camaro.

See the sizing chart on @perfski ’s site:

https://www.perfski.com/camaro-blacktec-1-0-mono-long-sleeve-unisex9.html#

If you are unsure about the right size, don’t hesitate to give Performance a call, they will get you all set up!

• Baller_

Hey Elissa,

We do have Camaro here, the black tech suits sell really well for everyone. If you want I can get a suit to you pretty fast, and if you want to try it on it doesn't work out well you can always ship it back and we can sort it out, and make sure we get the right size for you!

If you want to give us a call at the shop 407-859-7544 you can speak to anyone. This morning we have myself, Bailey and Marco working if you want to call, or feel free to shoot me an email if you have any questions as well!

Performance Ski and Surf 

Mike@perfski.com

👾

• Baller

Awesome! Just talked to Marco and Danielle at Performance and ordered a size small Camaro Blacktec. They were both really helpful.

I'll report back on how it fits once it arrives. Also, a nice perk that there is a BOS discount.

• Gold Member

Perhaps stating the obvious, but to function properly a Camaro needs to almost adhere to your skin -- any looseness compromises its warmth. As a fellow beanpole, I have to size down a bit AND I have to replace them semi-regularly as they stretch out over time.

Camaros are an absolute miracle if those guidelines are followed!

• Baller
When putting on and taking off a Camaro suit, make sure to use your finger TIPS and not your finger NAILS. Little things can puncture your suit easily and compromise the warm. Besides their fragile nature they are fantastic.