Fotis Dulos

lpskier

• Baller_
As many skiers know, at least those that ski in the Eastern Region, M5 competitor Fotis Dulos is suspected of and charged with the murder of his wife. After failing to show up in court, Fotis was discovered today in his car in his garage with the motor running. He is described in the news reports as "unresponsive." Although he may (or may not) have killed his wife, it is still a sad occurrence and I feel bad for his children.

Lpskier

• Baller
He was a member at our club. Let’s just say it’s been a crazy year at our location. I will not discuss details or opinions. I’ve only known him and his girlfriend for the past 2 years since I joined. Mostly everyone else have known him for 20 years or more. Feel deeply for his 5 kids who are now without a mother and father. Very talented kids who had a bright future. Heartbreaking

• Administrators

I have not followed this story enough to know what I am disallowing but.... None of this is funny. Jokes about the family or other impacted people will not be tolerated.

I can only imagine what the kids have heard on the news and in their daily lives. In case they read BallOfSpray please be respectful.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

I am in complete shock by this entire story from beginning until now. Fotis did ski some Big Dawg events a few years back and I can honestly say I never saw anything to suggest him capable of any of the things he's been accused of.

This is a terrible situation for the children.

• Baller_

@"Keith Menard" The "place where he waterskis" is Avon Old Farms, site of the 2019 Eastern Regionals (and I think 2020). The police searched the whole site, including the lake, a couple weeks before Pre-Regionals in mid-July.

No recent updates on his condition. Last word was he was in serious condition in the hospital.

Lpskier

• Baller

This is the wrong forum for all this. Can’t believe a fellow skier would be capable. It is horrendous what his wife and poor children endured at the hands of their sadistic father and savage girlfriend. The evidence is overwhelming, from DNA to alibi notes to video and cell records and even a grave. A quick google search will reveal without a shadow of a doubt he (and girlfriend as accessory) are guilty with a mountain of evidence for a slam dunk conviction. The presumption of innocence...sure till the arrest warrant was revealed. The charade has gone on long enough and the case against him was rock solid and he knew it. He will never suffer enough for the brutal slaying of his wife.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/read-the-fotis-dulos-arrest-warrant/2206792/%3famp

IMO

• Baller
The part I find the MOST disturbing, along with the fact a mother looks to be murdered, is the fact every step and move was video recorded. Way too much common every day things were caught on surveillance cameras. I’m starting to think I’m the only one who has a problem living my life on big brothers camera.

@nikandsteve Lets not forget that Richard Jewell was "guilty" as well, he was absolutely crucified in the media.....and then what do you know, it actually wasn't guilty.

This whole thing is terrible. A lot of people have been arrested on charges only to be found innocent later. I'm not saying he's innocent but just being arrested is not anything close to actually being found guilty.

• Administrators
I have set this thread to not go back to the top of the page when there is a new post. I guess it is ski related news but it is not about skiing. The whole thing is just terrible.

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller_
@"Keith Menard" well worth going to Avon. While known for short slalom set-ups, they installed an eight buoy course this fall. That should be a game changer for slalom. It’s already the premier jump site in the east.

Lpskier

• Administrators
@scuppers it's just not really about water skiing. there's people that read this forum that have a personal connection with the family and the ski site. it's just terrible and talking about it does not serve this forum

Drop a dime in the can

What is it with people wanting to close threads they don't like? Don't click on it if you don't want to read it. Not to be a jerk but that seems like a pretty simple solution.

It might not be about "water skiing" but Fotis was a water skier and so were his kids. It is terrible what has happened to this family, I feel like it's also a shame that so many not involved with the case at all are willing to crucify him.

The ending is in no way, shape or form an admission of guilt. I don't know if he was guilty and neither does anyone else on this forum. It's a painful process being falsely accused of something, cleared by an investigation but still having the accusers convincing anyone that will listen that you're still guilty.

You would be amazed at what people that I used to consider friends did in the background to continue causing me issues ever after being cleared.