Eddie Roberts passed

DavidN

• Baller

I shared a short version of this story on Instagram - Through BOS I was contacted by Eddie a couple of years ago when I needed a repair on a ski. He invited me out to Radar Lake and the Radar lab. I had never met him before but felt like we were instantly friends. I think that was just the kind of guy he was. He showed me around the lab and I got to see some new skis before they were released! It was like visiting Mecca. :) He fixed up my ski and we just chatted about skiing, about how he met Herb O’Brien, and about how much he enjoyed what he did. Once my ski was good to go we went back up to the lake for more of the tour. If I had brought my other gear he would have taken me for a ski (I still kick myself for not throwing a pair of trunks and a vest in my car that day). I stood on the edge of the lake and just took in the scene, thinking about the history of that location.

On our way back up to the lake we saw a momma fox with a couple of pups. We both stopped and watched them in silence for a while, just taking in the scene and enjoying the moment.

It was an amazing afternoon that I will never forget.

Rest In Peace, Eddie.

• Baller
I, as I’m sure all, who have been fortunate enough to have known Eddie, have a heavy heart upon hearing this news. He was special. I’m so sad when I think that he won’t be there in May when he receives his Award of Distinction at the USAWS Hall of Fame Banquet. I am thankful though that he was aware that he was to receive the award, and so many of us had an opportunity to congratulate him on this honor.

• Baller

Wow. Eddie was awesome. The better you knew Eddie, the more you wanted to be around him. He always made me laugh.

Sitting on a tailgate sipping a few Lone Stars, Shiners and Coors Banquets with Eddie and the crew at Radar was an unforgettable moment for me.

Definitely thankful Eddie Roberts graced us with his presence for many years.

Peace be with the Eddie Roberts family. He made a difference!!

Chris

• Baller

Met Eddie at Crescent Bar Tournament in 1990. I drove 5 hours and didn’t know a soul. I noticed a friendly gathering and walked over. Eddie was getting his father ready to ski and leading his family in cheering him on. His kindness and loving spirit has remained a memory of mine all these years. Thinking of him today #livedwithclass

• Baller

News of this brought me to tears. I reached out to Eddie here on BOS to see if my father in law and I could get a tour of Radar lake one late December day and sure enough he told us to come on over. We got a grand tour of the lake and ski building facility. Such a class act who will be sorely missed. Praying for comfort for his family and his work family.

This picture is at Radar Lake with the man himself.

pj4kbpi13p7o.jpeg

I got to meet Eddie once while out at Radar for a short time. He was such a welcoming person and filled with knowledge and stories that were nothing short of amazing. He was also that person that loved everything about this sport and encouraged everyone to be involved and enjoy every moment of it. He is one of those people that made such an impact without having to do much.

To his family, I am sorry for your loss and prayers to you all

• Baller

Sad news. I did not met him personally, but his words after my neck injury in 2011 were an important help to push thru surgery and recovery. He did not know me, but invested his time sharing his own life experience to make mine better. I believe this shows the kind of man he was.

He will be missed.

• Baller
Everyone who knew Eddie had a story about him! He definitely knew how to make you fall out of your chair from laughing. I felt super fortunate that I got to know Eddie over the last 4 years. No matter who you were he gave you his time. The impact he has left on our sport is unforgettable; designs, innovations and everything in between. I remember back in June @brooks and I did a clinic at Radar, the day after it was raining and we went out and skied, along with @jimski. Eddie came out and rode in the boat to watch us all ski. He had a big smile on his face, never complained once. he loved every minute of it just as I did. He loved the sport so much along with everyone that he met. My only wish is that I knew Eddie longer than those 4 years. So grateful for the time I got to spend with him and all that I learned from him. He made you feel like family.

• Baller_

It's been almost 3 years now since Eddie passed. His birthday is today, November 3rd, so that's the day we have an informal meeting of the Eddie Roberts Fan Club at his favorite Italian restaurant, Angelo's (which is right around the corner from my shop). I still miss the hell out of his wisdom, sarcasm, and humor, and continue to try my best to always enjoy ever ski ride that I am lucky enough to get.