LaPoint Skis

ALPJr

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller_

@ALPJr I said the 12th. I didn’t specify a month. That’s a KLP joke.

Seriously, I’m not sure when the ski will be released and I have not skied on one yet. Kris recently moved his mfg. facility to LaPoint Ski Park. He’s a bit hampered by an inability to test his own product due to a torn quad tendon, the second one in three years. There have been a handful of people that have skied on the prototype ski shown in the above photo this month and so far the feedback is very positive.

Lpskier

• Baller

I rode The Pulse for a while, which was a Lapoint design and my friend had the other Lapoint ski back in the day, I just forget what it was called.

Kris actually modified a KD ski for me by splitting the ski from the tail to about under the front plate and added some width from tail to middle of the ski. It helped the tip to stay down more in the turns. I still have that ski stuffed away somewhere.

Kris and Bob both knew their stuff!

• Baller_

@Andre Cole is 25 ish. I think he graduated from Florida Southern three years ago.

We were talking about the strength of his old college ski team. He remarked that the number 5 men’s skier (that is, the last guy to make the A team) could run 39. It makes the point that if your child is going off to ski in college, pick a school where your child’s ability level meshes with the needs of the team. If you can run 28 on a good day, Florida Southern and the other powerhouse schools might not be the best fit.

Lpskier

• Baller

@lpskier actually I was asking if "you lpskier" had the opportunity to try the ski yet but I understand that you are waiting for a 68 ski.

I was asking because I am 64 and 6'2" and I ski on a T2 and I am very curious to hear about your comment. But hey living outside of the USA, I am not buying a ski this year anyway, so whenever...

I am awlways curious about new ski in the line of the Mapple skis, KLP engineering too.