RichardDoane

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Baller_
The second water test went better in some ways, but not so in others. Easy deal to tighten the packing and set a slow, constant drip at the shaft log. Engine ran better with tune up parts, but now you can feel how soft the transmission engagement is. Took some pictures, ran @robscholl-OF up and down the lake a couple times @ -28. He was impressed with the lack of wake. I'll upload to youtube tonite and post later. As any project goes - it's taking longer than anticipated and growing in scope. But all in all, it was a beautiful day at the lake !

• Baller_
I needed the inside shop space for the next couple of weeks, so Dr. Jack's Brendella rolled outside for a while. Luckily for me, the deal included a CC boat cover that I had my upholstery guy alter to fit pretty well. A clean garbage can with lid behind the engine box makes it "puddle free".

• Baller

Quick synopsis of the Nautique​ transom decor

Steps

1. Conceptualize the idea playing shuffleboard with a few adult beverages

2. Search for almost a year for the right boat at the right price

3. Finally find a hull with engine trans dash and running gear removed. (For free!)

4. Pick it up. Cut it up. Sell off a few parts and pieces. Buy a platform, a prop and new decals

5. Sell off the bow+windshield to recover other costs

6. Have an amazing wife ( @Shell ). that meticulously polishes, finishes and buffs the entire thing.

7. Have two strong young friends at Whitestone that help you hang the heavy beast.

8. Return to playing shuffleboard with beverages (and better lighting).

Net cost $0

za473kfulppx.jpg

g4pke3qx7plk.jpg

tchqbu8f0wii.jpg

k7numfo5kfqb.jpg

fjsx5o3q4txr.jpg

• Baller

Hey @RichardDoane ,

Hope you can help, I've picked up a bend in the shaft of my 92 shortline comp and need to replace the shaft. Being based in South Africa parts need to be special import. Any chance you know what the spec is on the shaft or where I can get a replacement? Thanks in advance.

Mike25ocpjqiwesb.jpeg

• Baller_
bump - project momentum has been lost, and needs someone to pick it up and run with it again. engine runs but trans is soft, and still needs interior. Trailer is just way too big so not included. make me an offer I can't refuse ! Delivery options available. call me if interested. 206 242 9558

• Members

@RichardDoane, I’m impressed with how far you took it. You are 90% done, too bad the flywheel stopped turning and the project stalled. I saw the Brendella in the boathouse when I picked up Dr. Jack’s 2001 196 (that also needed work, but nothing compared to the Brendella) and didn’t think it would make even as far as you have taken it.

The 2001 196 is now an every day skier (in Adelaide), It would be cool if the Brendella got there as well.

• Baller_

@brettmainer we'll get the ball rolling again, just had a busy summer with other projects taking priority. Latest step now is a trailer that's a single axle, and better size for storing in the warehouse. I was able to get a great deal on this one from one of my customers, we'll convert to bunks and fix the running gear so it'll be reliable.

Hey there - just purchased a 1990 ski brendella super comp, has zero interior in it or even the seat base. Does anyone have a similar boat that could provide detailed pictures of what it "should" look like? Or even measurements? I would be much appreciated.

• Like 1