• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Baller_

@Horton

I thought you told me you paid Richard to haul it off!! Lol!!

If I did not do this for a living I would find it fun!! Now a days I dream of D-8 Caterpillar smashing em flat and getting pushed into the landfill...

I love the smell of fiberglass getting crunched in the morning... ..it smells like Victory!

• Baller

Very nice work on the boat, and that trailer. Where did you get the trailer bunk hardware if you don't mind me asking? Love the adjust-ability factor. I'm looking at an old Malibu with no trailer, if it's still available in the spring, I might go get it. Would then need to find a trailer that is at least close that I can modify like you did.

Thanks,

Kevin

• Baller_
@Kevin89MC brackets/u-bolts/bunk carpet all came from different vendors off of amazon. there's a big difference in bunk carpet quality, some stuff was so thin I sent it back. once the boat floats off we'll adjust the bunks/brackets to be a little more even and then tack weld. laying underneath with the boat in the way was a hassle, but not that difficult. floor jack and some blocking held the boat where we wanted it, and then we fit the bunks up to the boat. make sure you position bunks not to damage the PP paddle wheel

• Baller

@503Kento

I redid the bunks of my boat lift a couple weeks ago and used black 18oz bunk carpet I got off eBay. Excellent product! Far superior to the original carpet I removed from the bunks.

202713432128 is the article # on eBay, “boatcarpetsales” was the vendor.

• Baller_

We’re going to need a decent driver seat in a couple weeks when we head to the the lake to test the trans and run the engine hard for the first time. Old seat headed off to the upholstery shop this week.

zc37v3b9zvnh.jpeg

And of course it will have electric seat heat kits.

7k52bck7sv41.jpeg

• Baller

@RichardDoane Great job with the boat so far - I look forward to future updates. The red gelcoat is stunning.

I'm in the process of restoring an 89 Brendella with a missing gas tank. Would you be able to measure the rough dimensions of yours? I can gauge what will probably fit just based on the space, but having the OEM size would be nice while I try to find a new one.

• Baller

@MidMOSkier I helped my ski partner install a new gas tank, fuel line, pump and carb in his 1989 Ski Brendella last fall. We replaced his old aluminum tank with a 19 gallon poly tank that was almost an exact replacement. Most importantly, the connections were in the same place, including the fill spout, top and center.

If you would like, I can get the details for purchasing the poly tank. I think it was about 2 bills, level sensor included.

• Baller_
@MidMOSkier - good chance you can find a tank made by 'Moeller', they are a major supplier of ski boat tanks. 'Great Lakes Skipper' might also have one that will slip in, they are an auction house the resells boat stuff. Most likely, either an old MC 190 or Malibu Echelon / Response tank will fit the hole.

• Baller_
@KRoundy when we run boats on the hose I’ll spray the shaft/strut with wd40. That’s hopefully just a little transmission drag as the boat was in neutral. That’s why it needs a full throttle lake test as soon as possible. We don’t want to find a bad transmission after getting carried away with the interior.