Pylon phone mount

Dockoelboto

• Baller

For those that have created their own PVC pylon camera mount. Anyone using their phone camera? Any chance you can show me the set-up you used and which phone mount you used?

I'd really like some video of my skiing, hopefully that will help me improve. Hard to get video with just you and a driver.

• Baller

Now using a ski doc with a GoPro (looping) and a homegrown lipo power supply which will run the camera for hours. Previously used a cell phone mount like this one though. It worked great with my iPhone 6. One trick I learned is to disable the cameras stabilization. Stabilization caused some really weird effects in the video....29svseg87u15.png

• Baller
Our latest PVC creation has bent rubber strips as the isolator from the PVC to the mount. Works really well with all modern phones. Depends what boat you have, too. My 16 200 has significantly less vibration and resonance shuddering through the boat (basically none) than a current Malibu, for example.

• Baller

My creation. About $25 in material and a couple hours of my time. You do have to pull it off to shorten the rope but it just takes a few seconds. I stuck some felt pads in the bottom for a nice fit around the pylon, and I put a piece of pipe insulation under the cap for vibration dampening.

b9i0k02d88a2.jpg

ss9mvwnr87tn.jpg

Good afternoon everyone, hope all is well! Looking for a pylon mount that will work with a ring/finger pylon. I searched and haven't found anything definitive. Looks like the orbit may work but not sure. Suggestions greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Jeff

Edit:

Heard back from Orbit and it will not work.