The Water Ski Podcast

Luzz

Hi Matteo,

Great podcasts! I would like to hear from more of the skiers popular in the '80s like Bob and Kris LaPoint, Sammy Duvall, Camille Duvall, Carl Roberge, Lucky Lowe, Mike Morgan, Cory Pickos, Bruce and Toni Neville, Deena Brush Mapple, Mike Kjellander, etc.

My favorite was Andy Mapple. I was honored to take a couple of lessons from him in 2005. He was an awesome guy. I am sure the water ski world misses him greatly.

Thank you for considering this.

God bless!

Chris

PS: My son is in Chiropractic school in Palm Orange, FL. You have met his new roommate from Italy, a soccer player named Valentino Parini. What a small world!

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Baller

1rnh9qrj06dv.pngThis episode of TWSP is a mix of an announcement and a call to action.

The announcement involves the publication of the TWSP Transcripts, an initial and enormously time-consuming undertaking of transcribing as many TWSP interviews as possible. Beyond the honorable goal of making these interviews accessible to the hearing-impaired population, the goal is to create citable documents for people to use on any report of water skiing.

Here comes the call to action. Wikipedia is a project editable by everyone and possibly the most honorable and interesting experiment ever done on the internet. However, in order to add information, one has to cite sources. Written resources (such as transcripts) are much easier to search and cite, so this should make the job of volunteers easy. Matteo's wish is that people join forces and continue edit Wikipedia with entries about water skiing.

Finally, Matteo would like to thank everyone who has already helped with transcribing the first five episodes so far!

Enjoy and spread the knowledge about the sport! Reach out if you are willing to help and do not really know where to start :)

Ski coach at Jolly Ski, Organizer of the San Gervasio Pro Am (2023 Promo and others), Co-Organizer of the Jolly Clinics.

• Baller

eq4smwyoc1df.pngAs a way to celebrate 50 episodes since the beginning of TWSP in August 2019, this episode is the first part of an interview with Matteo Luzzeri.

Hosted by Freddie Winter, this two-part series features Matteo's turn in sharing his journey as a skier, coach, tournament organizer, sport psychology expert, and podcast host.

In Episode 50a, Matteo shares the beginning of his passion for water skiing through dad, his ambitions as a junior skier, the decision to pursue studies and water skiing in the United States, and a whole lot more!

Enjoy, and see you next week for 50b ;-)

Take a few seconds to write a review of the podcast on Apple Podcasts, it really helps :-) … and let's keep the momentum going!

If you are enjoying this podcast, please consider a donation.

This episode is brought to you by the PIGOSKI, the first water ski inspired like of apparel created by Pro skier Robert Pigozzi.

Get your favorite apparel item at pigoski.com/thewaterskipodcast and show up at the lake with style!

This episode is also brought to you by the FlowPoint Method, a revolutionary and holist approach to water skiing created by Jenny LaBaw and Marcus Brown.

Learn more about the FlowPoint Method by going to thewaterskipodcast.com/flowpointmethod

If you are interested in advertising on The Water Ski Podcast, please reach out

Ski coach at Jolly Ski, Organizer of the San Gervasio Pro Am (2023 Promo and others), Co-Organizer of the Jolly Clinics.

• Baller

oczg56eyg6w2.pngAs a way to celebrate 50 episodes since the beginning of TWSP in August 2019, this episode is the second part of an interview with Matteo Luzzeri.

Hosted by Freddie Winter, this two-part series features Matteo's turn in sharing his journey as a skier, coach, tournament organizer, sport psychology expert, and podcast host.

In Episode 50b, Matteo shares the circumstances that brought the organization of the San Gervasio Pro Am, the role this tournament had in revamping Pro water skiing in Europe, his ideas about the sport at the highest level, promoting and growing the sport, and the adventure that TWSP is turning out to be… and more!

Enjoy 50b ;-)

Take a few seconds to write a review of the podcast on Apple Podcasts, it really helps :-) … and let's keep the momentum going!

This episode is brought to you by the PIGOSKI, the first water ski inspired like of apparel created by Pro skier Robert Pigozzi.

Get your favorite apparel item at pigoski.com/thewaterskipodcast and show up at the lake with style!

If you are interested in advertising on The Water Ski Podcast, please reach out

• Baller

8kxziidkkvyy.pngEpisode 51 of TWSP is with Stinne Søndergaard!

Stinne is a Danish water skier, former Pro Jumper, and Team Manager for the Danish Waterski Federation

Join the conversation as Matteo asks Stinne about her early days in skiing, the quick progression she had to the top, her decision to go to college in the US, and her current role with the Danish Waterski Federation. Matteo and Stinne have known each other for almost 20 years, so a lot of this interview includes shared events, including winning the 2010 Collegiate Nationals and pursuing a Ph.D in Sport Psychology. They also covered a bunch of other topics, including the importance of grassroots skiing, what skiing a World Cup was like, and the joys that come with giving youngsters a great experience on the water.

Enjoy!

This episode is brought to you by the FlowPoint Method, a revolutionary and holist approach to water skiing created by Jenny LaBaw and Marcus Brown.

Learn more about the FlowPoint Method by going to thewaterskipodcast.com/flowpointmethod

If you are interested in advertising on The Water Ski Podcast, please reach out.

• Baller

eb7crzey3iun.pngEpisode 52 of TWSP is the first part of Matteo's interview with Gregoire Desfond.

This first part cover Greg's early exposure to a fun summertime activity called water skiing, and the much later discovery that it is a sport, and quite an exciting one. Greg's story might be quite different from most guests, but it has that underlying common factor of experiencing a sport like no other.

Stick around for Part 2, where Greg will share how the Waterski Nation idea arose, where some of the initiatives his passion for water skiing brought him to, and much more.

One of those initiatives is the Waterski Journal, a free online water ski magazine. Read the first and second issue by clicking on the appropriate links.

Enjoy!

Take a few seconds to write a review of the podcast on Apple Podcasts, it really helps :-)

If you are interested in advertising on The Water Ski Podcast, please reach out.

This episode is brought to you by the FlowPoint Method, a revolutionary and holist approach to water skiing created by Jenny LaBaw and Marcus Brown.

Learn more about the FlowPoint Method by going to thewaterskipodcast.com/flowpointmethod.

Matteo recently discussed with Marcus some technical he has been working on for the FPM Podcast. You can check out the video

• Baller
As usual another super episode @Luzz . This story was particularly relatable to me - having an interest in other sports while skiing on the side, letting a couple years of athletic pursuits fall behind during young adult life, and especially the part about seeing a great skier from the boat for the first time... back in ‘89 at 28 years old, after being a slalom enthusiast on the back bays and creeks of southern New Jersey for 12 summers I saw a full page add in the newspaper for the Garden State Games, which listed dozens of athletic competitions that NJ residents could register for. Way down on the list I saw waterskiing - slalom, trick and jump, and of course I thought, I’m a good slalom skier, I can do that. I figured that since the only slalom course I had ever seen was on ESPN that I’d better book a few days at a ski school. The closest one I could find in the Back of the magazine was Jimmy Durham’s in Greenville, SC. So off I went... now back to how this episode relates - I actually did pretty good there, made it around all 6 buoys first time through (about 28mph?), did my usual two ski tricking run, and went over the jump 3 times, without dying and skied away the 3rd try (and then said ‘all set with that event’). After lunch the slalom coach Renee Goslen? took a set. That was it, that was the hook, I was fully addicted from then on. She ran some back to back -28’s so smooth and stacked, wow! Then after three days there I left for home, and I was so sore that I’d have to use my left hand to lift up my left leg so I could engage the clutch all the way to NJ. A week later at the tournament, I crashed on my first pass, between the second wake and 1 ball, swam to shore and am still stoked about skiing 31 years later :)

• Baller

0rka2nw5d6ti.pngEpisode 53 of TWSP is the second part of Matteo's interview with Gregoire Desfond.

This first part cover Greg's early exposure to a fun summertime activity called water skiing, and the much later discovery that it is a sport, and quite an exciting one. Greg's story might be quite different from most guests, but it has that underlying common factor of experiencing a sport like no other.

After covering Greg's from being in skiing to become into it, in this second part we cover the genesis of Waterski Nation, some of the projects he carried out through his platform, and promotion of water skiing in general!

One of those projects is the Waterski Journal, a free online water ski magazine. Read the first and second issue by clicking on the appropriate links.

Enjoy!

Hey! Want to get some ski coaching? Download GiveGo, upload a ski pass, and look up Matteo for some direct coaching ;-)

Take a few seconds to write a review of the podcast on Apple Podcasts, it really helps :-)

Learn more about the FlowPoint Method by going to thewaterskipodcast.com/flowpointmethod.

Matteo recently discussed with Marcus some technical he has been working on for the FPM Podcast. You can check out the video

• Baller

uy436ofwsuki.pngEpisode 54 of TWSP is the first part of Matteo's interview with Elizabeth Montavon.

Tune in as Elizabeth narrates her early days of skiing and her focus on trick skiing, which carried through her collegiate days. Speaking of college, Elizabeth shares her struggles through that experience with Matteo, including some mental health issues she had to face and how a commitment to slalom skiing helped her through that. Such commitment involved a process of "catching up" work and a full trust in her coach, the famous Chet Raley. The episode finishes with some of the more recent Pro tournaments Elizabeth skied in this year.

Enjoy this one and stick around for Part 2!

Hey! Want to get some ski coaching? Download GiveGo, upload a ski pass, and look up Matteo for some direct coaching ;-)

• Baller

odlhlttfgi5z.pngEpisode 55 of TWSP is the second part of Matteo's interview with Elizabeth Montavon.

Join in as Elizabeth covers her second place at the MasterCraft Pro, how she prepared for it, and what it meant to her. The majority of the episode consists of Matteo and Elizabeth chatting about the promotion of water skiing through content creation, particularly as it relates to social media. Make sure to check out Part 1 if you haven't :)

Enjoy!

This episode is brought to you by The WhisperFin Pro, the new iteration of the famous WhisperFin created by Jay Poscente (JaySki).

Order your WhisperFin PRO at FinWhispering.com and get family or friends Original WhisperFins for only $99 each, using promo code "TWSP".

This episode is also brought to you by the FlowPoint Method, a revolutionary and holist approach to water skiing created by Jenny LaBaw and Marcus Brown.

• Baller

0z53q72itrb5.pngEpisode 56 of TWSP is a great long conversation with Claudio Köstenberger!

Claudio is among the top Jumpers in the World, a master story teller, and straight up genuine guy! In this episode Matteo gets to learn more about the very early skiing days of Claudio, followed by a recollection of Claudio's junior and collegiate days that saw the two of them following a very similar path. The second part of the episode is more topic-based in nature. Here, Claudio speaks his mind about what he deems is wrong with the Zero Off system for jump, the ongoing quest for success at the European Championships, the limbo of choosing between a life in Austria or in the United States, and his thoughts about the US Masters after his participation in them.

Sit tight for this one ;)

This episode is brought to you by The WhisperFin Pro, the new iteration of the famous WhisperFin created by Jay Poscente (JaySki).

Order your WhisperFin PRO at FinWhispering.com and get family or friends Original WhisperFins for only $99 each, using promo code "TWSP".

• Baller

tx4hi5nhfw93.pngThis episode of The Water Ski Podcast is a long conversation with water ski ambassador @MarcusBrown . After having covered Marcus' personal story in Episode 10, he decided to come back as part of the TWSP "Dock Time" series. These are just conversations about water skiing. On occasion, it will be just Matteo talking in front of the microphone about something that is on his mind. More often, it will be Matteo and another guests chatting it up!

Join in as Matteo and Marcus discuss:

• The Olympic pursuit and its downfalls
  • Pro skiing in his heyday and Marcus' experiences as it declined
  • The role of skiers in the resurgence of Pro skiing
  • What is exciting about water skiing nowadays
  • The cost and access of skiing as a hinderance to growth
  • Comparing Brooke Baldwin and Allie Nicholson's styles (more on FPM YouTube channel soon)
  • What the FlowPoint Method it and how it came about
  • Marcus and Jenny's experiences in creating and running the Method
  • The value of well-guided reps over new equipment
  • How helping Terry Winter with his skiing is helping Marcus' brother through some hard times
  • Matteo's project of skiing all around Lake Iseo in the memory of Josè Castelli
  • Savoring moments and the advantages of long-format conversations

Enjoy the chat and come back next week for the end-of-the-year episode :)

Matteo recently discussed with Marcus some technical aspects he has been working on for the FPM Podcast. You can check out the video

• Baller
Another gem. Good chat. I agree with @Luzz on the pro efforts -tie together established events in Europe, the Americas, Australia, and others, make it a tour with easy to read cumulative points/scoring and winners, and have TWSBC fine tune a 60 minute finals and highlights web/broadcast. Also agree on the recreational accessibility piece. You guys should build the business model then go on Shark Tank to get the funding to build 10 or 15 more Okeeheelee/Aquatic Parks across the country and develop a carbon neutral tow machine.

• Baller

pdeuaadqqhhd.pngWelcome to the last TWSP episode of 2020. As we all look forward to a better new year, hear what guests of the show are looking forward to for 2021.

Guests in order of appearance:

• Cole Grant
  • Chris Parrish
  • Ashley Stevens
  • Corey Vaughn
  • Giannina Bonnemann
  • Coop Diddy
  • Matteo Ianni
  • John Waldron
  • Nick Parsons
  • Mario Pigozzi
  • Manon Costard
  • Robert Pigozzi
  • Brittany Greenwood
  • Marcus Brown
  • Greg Desfond
  • Will Asher
  • Thomas Degasperi
  • Elizabeth Montavon
  • Keith Albritton
  • Claudio Köstenberger
  • Dane Mechler
  • Freddie Winter
  • Jaimee Bull
  • Igor Morozov
  • Vince Stadlbaur
  • Candido Moz
  • Thomas Gustafson
  • Adam Pickos
  • Daniel Zimmerman

Enjoy!

Matteo recently discussed with Marcus some technical aspects he has been working on for the FPM Podcast. You can check out the video

• Baller

@Luzz, great podcast with MB. We listened to it on the way to the snow ski hill. In the lift line within the first hour of skiing, we heard two other people talking about water skiing, that is a great sign.

If you want to understand Fahrenheit, all you have to do is think on a percentage basis, how hot is it? 95 and up is pretty hot and anything below 20 is pretty cold. 50 is so-so with some reasonable clothing. For Celsius, the same question applies, but the difference is that we are asking water, not humans, Want to ask an atom, that’s Kelvin.

• Baller

o57bc4t9clon.pngWelcome back to The Water Ski Podcast for this 2021. The first episode of this year full of hope is with Nick Adams.

Nick is a Pro skier and coach from Melbourne, Australia, who has been and is a constant threat at any tournament he attends. Tune in as Matteo and Nick cover Nick's journey into water skiing, his first events, the importance of Moomba Masters, and more experiences training and competing around the world. Listen to some of the things he learned from highly respected names in the sport and how he conceives good coaching to be. Get a sense of some of the challenges Nick faced, a few adjustments he has made to his skiing preparation, and why he values brand and sport culture so much.

This is a very rich conversation between two friends!

Sit back and enjoy it!

Hey, want to get a head start to the ski season? I will be coaching at The Waterski Academy in Portugal on February 13-22. Feel free to shoot me an email if you want to learn more :)

• Baller

mhm5b6xaj56f.pngWelcome back to The Water Ski Podcast for Episode 60 with Marina Mosti!

Marina is a highly accomplished retired Pro Skier and among the very best Italian skiers of all time.

Matteo had to work hard to get this interview, as Marina is as modest as she was competitive on the water worldwide. With multiple accomplishments in all three disciplines, Marina was primarily known for her jump and trick skiing. Inevitably, that made her at any overall events, including the Worlds, the US Masters, Moomba Masters, and US Open to mention a few.

Sit back and enjoy this conversation, as Marina tells her story, the ups and downs of a career dedicated to be the very best water skier she could be. Marina also kindly shares her experiences as a coach, and her passion to pass on her knowledge and experience to younger skiers.

Hey, want to get a head start to the ski season? I will be coaching at The Waterski Academy in Portugal on February 13-22. Feel free to shoot me an email if you want to learn more :)

• Baller

4hzh2swm9we4.pngWelcome to this new episode of The Water Ski Podcast.

This episode marks the launch of a series of podcasts trying to merge Matteo's expertise in sport psychology with water skiing.

This series will be called "Swerve Psyc".

In this episode, Matteo touches on Athlete Burnout, an unpleasant and long-lasting state characterized by sport devaluation, emotional and physical exhaustion, and a reduced sense of accomplishment. The goal of this episode is to understand what burnout really is, how it might look like in skiers, and what are some of the things skiers, coaches, and parents can do to prevent this condition.

Enjoy and please reach out to let Matteo know what you think about this or future Swerve Psyc episodes.

Matteo and Marcus published some more technical videos comparing pro skiers! You can see them

and

• Baller
Can't wait to listen to on the way home today. I was burned out in September last year. I normally start skiing in March but a buddy bought a new boat and we swapped out my boat on the lift and started skiing a lot in January since the water was warm last winter. Had a great year but by September I was done I did continue to ski but my skiing fell off. I also canceled my last tournament. But after a break and the cold weather is behind us in Florida, I have skied twice this month and can't wait to ski The fire is back!!!

• Baller

ahevd1wuckyz.pngWelcome back to The Water Ski Podcast for Episode 62 with none other than @Horton !!!

John is a competitive skier and well-known in the water ski community as the founder and person behind BallOfSpray, without a doubt the most visited water ski website out there! Matteo was hyped to interview John for two main reasons. The first one, of course, was the website itself and John's opinions about the state of the sport. However, the second equally exciting reason was to get John's story. Often, the personal story can shine light on the athletic and professional outcomes an individual achieves. This was definitely the case with John Horton!

Finally, John and Trent Finlayson host a video cast called "Distance From Center", where they provide news on upcoming and current water ski events. Check it out!

Sit back and enjoy it!

This episode is brought to you by Ski or Die, Elizabeth Montavon's new selection of apparel.

Hang tight for the launch on February 5th, and use early bird code "TWSP" at checkout for 10% off for two weeks!

Matteo and Marcus published some more technical videos comparing pro skiers! You can see them

and

• Baller

xe85csus0llx.pngThis episode of The Water Ski Podcast is a long conversation with water ski innovator @ErikBerghiller !

Erik is a Swedish water skier and creator of the OffCourse™, a new way to create a slalom course on the water. Matteo was extremely intrigued by the device since he first stumbled upon it online a few years back, and was really curious to hear Erik's story into water skiing. Not surprisingly, his story was extremely interesting and sheds light on what led Erik to come up with the OffCourse™.

Enjoy this chat and come back next week for another episode :)

This episode is brought to you by Real Frequency College Consulting, a company founded by Evan Moore that helps students get ready for the challenging task of choosing and getting into college.

Want to get into your favorite NCWSA program? Get 6% off by mentioning "TWSP" or "Matteo is the man" during your first free consultation!

This episode is also brought to you by Ski or Die, Use code "TWSP" for 10% off at check out.

And, by the FlowPoint Method, a revolutionary and holist approach to water skiing created by Jenny LaBaw and Marcus Brown.

• Baller

pqvyre2lb66k.pngWelcome to this new episode of The Water Ski Podcast.

In this new episode of Swerve Psyc, Matteo touches on the concept of locus of attention, differentiating between internal (thoughts or parts of the body) and external (e.g., handle, ski, buoys, boat). Research in motor skill learning and sport psychology has shown that learning or refining a new skill by maintaining an external locus of attention leads to faster learning, more consistency, and especially less movement disruption when under pressure. Tune in as Matteo gives a few ideas of how to apply these solid findings to water skiing!

Enjoy and please reach out to let Matteo know what you think about this or future Swerve Psyc episodes.

This episode is brought to you by Real Frequency College Consulting, a company founded by Evan Moore that helps students get ready for the challenging task of choosing and getting into college. Want to get into your favorite NCWSA program? Get 6% off by mentioning "TWSP" or "Matteo is the man" during your first free consultation!

• Baller

@Luzz this is awesome info, thanks for sharing! Makes a ton of sense and fits with what I've seen in my skiing and people I've coached.

What have you found to work with your skiing and coaching with regards to this concept? Seems like the easiest external things for a skier to focus on would be the ski and the handle? I'm not sure the boat really makes sense since it's not something you have control over. You obviously want to know where the boat is in relation to you but I think that's more of a frame of reference than a focus of attention.

Anyway great info!

• Baller

@AdamCord glad you enjoyed the episode :smile:

In my own skiing, definitely handle and ski are the most straightforward and proximal external attention points. However, it's worth to also consider more distal ones like buoy and boat. Since the buoy is a target in a sense, this distal locus of attention seems appropriate, especially in light of studies using target-based sports in which a focus on the target (e.g., dartboard, putting hole, biathlon targets) led to better performance than focusing on proximal loci of attention (i.e., arrow positioning, putt face angle, and rifle alignment). So, in our case, it could be something like "keep the buoy more behind you at the end of your onside".

The boat might seem like a different subject, but in my coaching experience, paying attention to where one is compared to the boat in the upswing resonates particularly with short line skiers. Of course, there is a way to move that to handle location compared to the body, but that's where the coaching artistry come into play :wink:

• Baller

zmtqc4shofjb.pngWelcome back to The Water Ski Podcast for Episode 65 with Thibaut Dailland!

Thibaut is among the very best overall skiers… and slalom skiers … and trick skiers in the World! Thibaut is basically part of that modern breed of all-rounders which have been dominating the overall scene for the last 15 years. Matteo had a ton of questions for the Ivory Coast native, including his youth between Africa and France, skiing with his brother, the Worlds chase, current creativity in trick skiing, and much more!

This is a fun conversation between two friends who share a strong passion for water skiing and are stoked about it :)

Enjoy!

This episode is brought to you by Real Frequency College Consulting, a company founded by Evan Moore that helps students get ready for the challenging task of choosing and getting into college. Want to get into your favorite NCWSA program? Get 6% off by mentioning "TWSP" or "Matteo is the man" during your first free consultation!

• Baller

r1lil7fk525l.pngThis episode of The Water Ski Podcast is a great conversation with Chris Rossi and Trent Finlayson, the hosts of Spraymakers.

As the second season of their show launches on March 15th, Matteo gathered Rossi and Trent for a conversation about podcasting, water skiing, and podcasting about water skiing!

Tune in as the three discuss how Spraymakers came about, some highlights from Season 1, a couple of sneak previews of Season 2, and the parallels between recording an episode and coaching in the boat.

Enjoy!

• Baller

xp6cfjjzsgwj.pngWelcome back for another round of Swerve Psyc, the series of episodes of The Water Ski Podcast merging sport psychology and water skiing.

This episode is an extract of episode #12 of FlowPoint Podcast (video version

), originally published on May 17th, 2017. In this episode, Matteo talks with Marcus Brown about the theory of Flow, as proposed by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi. Matteo covers to some length the 9 dimensions of flow, paying particular attention to the balance perceived skill and perceived challenge, the transformation of time, clear goals, and self-awareness. Marcus also asked Matteo to develop on the experiential side of flow, including some personal examples and the continuation of how flow experiences can be beneficial in kids, something the two discussed on episode #8 of FlowPoint Podcast (
).

Thank you for all your support to TWSP and enjoy the episode!

• Baller

204ztbys1899.pngEpisode 68 of The Water Ski Podcast is a great roundtable chat with Carl Denis and Nick Parsons, the people behind The Parsons Project.

Since Matteo saw a new ski bearing Nick's last name, featuring a pineapple, and with Carl being involved, he has been dying to get the two in front of microphones. These two individuals are a pleasure to be around, have a ton of knowledge about ski design, construction, and the materials that are needed. However, they also never own a ski company nor were they ever involved with the whole process of creating a ski from scratch. Carl and Nick's enthusiasm for the sport and for creating product is evident as they share the story that brought The Parsons Project to light. And how cool is that they reconnected after Matteo's interview with Nick for TWSP?

Enjoy this episode as the guys narrated their process!

• Baller

oj37pombi51r.pngWelcome back to The Water Ski Podcast!

After a brief brake, Matteo is back with a new guest and a very rich episode!

Episode 69 is with Bruce Reid! Bruce is a former World Championship medalist, Pro Tour competitor, and orthopedic surgeon. Matteo connected with Bruce in October after joining a wok group within the IWWF Medical Committee. The goal of this group is to update on and off water protocols for concussion recognition and management, as well as spread awareness and education about brain injuries. The work captained by Bruce and with the involvement of several volunteers has led to a number of innovations in the sport when it comes to concussions.

You can visit the documentation and videos being produced at iwwf.sport/concussion

Another tool to be familiar with is the On Water Concussion Recognition Tool (OWCRT), a simple step-by-step early recognition tool we should all be familiar with.

Finally, another great app to download is Concussion Ed!

Sit back and enjoy this rich and very informative chat!

• Baller

I just wanted to take a second and share how a sizable number of skiers have reached out since EP69 and shared concussion stories, struggles, fears, and thoughts with me.

Although we have very little data on concussion rates in towed water sports, we know they happen. Often times, lack of data means missed recognition of concussions, and Bruce did a phenomenal job explaining the consequences of unrecognized concussions in both the episode and this work he chaired. If I can ask one thing to the BOS community is to not be afraid to talk about concussions, share their experiences with others skiers, and not be afraid to speak up if someone is disregarding a potential concussion in front of them. Also, please familiarize yourself with the OWCRT and teach it to a friend, maybe through some role play.

Concussions might not be easily visible, but they can be recognized and if done so in a timely way, the future consequences less dire.

• Baller

4vlkx36krl9b.pngThis episode of The Water Ski Podcast is the announcement of the launch of Waterski Pro Tour!

As many of you might have heard through different interviews published in recent times, Matteo has been involved in a project aimed at redacting the former Elite Points into simpler and easier-to-understand Pro Points. This new categorization was approved by the IWWF Tournament Council, thereby sanctioning this as the new format. The next step and the major mission was to unify all these exciting tournaments under one central website and social media where to follow the feats of the best water skiers in the world. Waterski Pro Tour is to grow the sport through the promotion of professional waterski events into a unified tour.

Put waterskiprotour.com on your bookmarks, follow @waterskiprotour on Instagram, and get ready to watch Swiss Pro Slalom, the first stop of the Waterski Pro Tour!

• Baller

78eq6r2xfs52.pngWelcome back to The Water Ski Podcast for Episode 71 with Steffen Wild!

Steffen is a former Pro water skier from Germany and owner of Wild Wake Park, a cable facility in Steinberg am See, Germany.

Recently, Steffen and his family have been skiing with Matteo in Italy, so it was the perfect opportunity to sit down and record live. Steffen had somewhat of an unconventional path to greatness in water skiing, although he was very good already at a young age. At the same time, his commitment to learn from others and organize his life around water skiing made him one of the most iconic jumpers of the 1980s and 1990s. Matteo was also very curious about his transition from pro water skiing to wakeboarding, and his business venture into cable ways, which has occupied his professional life since 1999.

Sit back and enjoy it!

and

• Baller

c80f2mew13hx.pngWelcome back to The Water Ski Podcast for Episode 72!

The last few months have been quite busy for Matteo as he worked at ski school and took part of a few more tournaments than previous years.

This comeback episode is with no other than Vincent Stadlbaur from The Waterski Broadcasting Company.

Throughout the last few months, TWBC has continued to improve the quantity and quality of their broadcasts.

Matteo had a chance to sit down with Vincent and get the story of the last few months.

Sit back and enjoy this new episode!

• Baller

6nkecihgfdrz.pngWelcome back to The Water Ski Podcast for Episode 73 with @TFIN !

In this episode, Matteo and Trent look back at the 2021 season and discuss what impressed them, what they have noticed, and specific achievements obtained by some incredible athletes. From Jacinta Carroll's World Record to the rise of Dane Mechler and Brian Detrick, and everything in between.

Also, check out Spraymakers, the podcast Trent co-hosts with Chris Rossi, where they dissect slalom skiing for the rest of us to learn and improve :)

Sit back and enjoy this new episode! And stick around, as more episodes are ready in the pipeline ;-)

• Baller

cj5o8dpgu3il.pngWelcome back to The Water Ski Podcast for Episode 74 with Joel Poland!

Joel is the current World Champion and World Record Holder in Overall. These two facts alone are enough to sanction him as the most dominant water skier on the scene today. Joel also has a strong following on social media, where he shares very entertaining content about his everyday life a water skier. In this first part of the interview, Matteo brought Joel back to his early days in the sport, covering beginnings to the first podiums and wins. The picture that arises is of a talented athlete who never lost the sight on the paramount importance of having fun on the water.

Enjoy and stick around for Part 2!

• Baller

5g0g4ol4lcqv.pngWelcome back to The Water Ski Podcast for Episode 75 with Joel Poland!

Joel is the current World Champion and World Record Holder in Overall. These two facts alone are enough to sanction him as the most dominant water skier on the scene today. Joel also has a strong following on social media, where he shares very entertaining content about his everyday life a water skier.

In this second part of the interview, Joel talks about the last two years, starting with a remarkable performance at the 2019 U21 World Championships, which brought him close to beat the World Overall Record. From there, the ascending of water skiing new shining star took exponential speed, culminating with winning the 2021 World Overall Championships by breaking the World Overall Record. Matteo spends also some time to ask Joel about his social media approach and some tips for younger skiers and their parents.

Enjoy Part 2 and stay in the look for a future episode involving Joel ;-)