• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Baller

8olektjjtpn9.pngCoop Diddy is back!

This impromptu episode was recorded just a few days ago, after Coop bombarded Matteo with more questions about water ski intricacies. "We should have this conversation in front of the mic" Coop said, and within 3 minutes the two were recording.

By the way, have you checked out Water Ski Bits? Coop has a bit on there too ;-)

In this episode, Coop Diddy asks Matteo more specific questions about the water ski world, informed by the knowledge about the sport he has been acquiring :)

Follow this second episode as Coop and Matteo ramble and untangle:

• A little update on how TWSP has been going since EP11
  • Trends of Top20 skiers in the World (see BOS post here)
  • What made Men Slalom so competitive in recent years
  • Deliberate practice and skiing in different conditions
  • Big Dawg and Senior categories, including former Pros making the switch
  • Jeff Rogers being the first guy to run 41off at 36mph and 34mph
  • Are 34mph and 36mph two different sports altogether?
  • Coop's first experience of riding in the boat for Matteo
  • Safety and funnies in water ski photo shooting
  • Shoutouts to Coop's fans Freddie Winter and Dane Mechler
  • The effects of COVID on the water ski community
  • …and more!!!

If you are new to the sport, hopefully you'll learn something out of this conversation.

If you are already an experienced and knowledgeable skier, you'll definitely find this discussion amusing and, possibly, resembling the ones you often have about trying to explain our sport to non-skiers.

Follow Coop on Instagram and let him know what you think about the episode ;-)

Take a few seconds to write a review of the podcast on Apple Podcasts, it really helps :-) … and let's keep the momentum going!

If you are enjoying this podcast, please consider a donation.

Ski coach at Jolly Ski, Organizer of the San Gervasio Pro Am (2023 Promo and others), Co-Organizer of the Jolly Clinics.

• Baller

caxc9l6h4kia.pngThis episode of The Water Ski Podcast was originally posted exclusively on Swerve on February 4, 2020.

In this Dock Time episode Matteo share three useful drills and some tips on how to learn the slalom course. Whether you are a free skier ready to tackle the 6 buoys or an experienced slalom skier who wants to introduce someone to the course, hopefully you will find these tips useful :)

Thank you to everyone for the constant support to The Water Ski Podcast, it has been overwhelmingly encouraging ;-)

Take a few seconds to write a review of the podcast on Apple Podcasts, it really helps :-) … and let's keep the momentum going!

Ski coach at Jolly Ski, Organizer of the San Gervasio Pro Am (2023 Promo and others), Co-Organizer of the Jolly Clinics.

• Baller

4sasofichlu2.pngEpisode 30 of The Water Ski Podcast is with Jaimee Bull!

Jaimee is one of the best skiers in the World. Under 21 World Slalom Champion and NCWSA National Champion and Record Holder, Jaimee is a Mechanical Engineering student at UL Lafayette, representing the Ragin' Cajuns and Canada in various tournaments worldwide.

Join Matteo and Jaimee as the go over:

• Jaimee's early days of skiing
  • The influence of her brother Jaret in her skiing
  • Her first few tournaments
  • The journey to Junior Worlds
  • The experience of skiing for the Syndicate team
  • Jaimee's Bronze Medal at the 2017 Open Worlds
  • Jaimee's victory at the Under 21 World Championships
  • The NCWSA Women Slalom Record performance at the 2019 Collegiate Nationals
  • The state of Pro Women Skiing
  • …and more!!

Follow Jaimee on Instagram, check out her website, and watch her in action.

Also, check out her profile on HO Skis and WWS.

Thank you to everyone for the constant support to The Water Ski Podcast, it has been overwhelmingly encouraging ;-)

• Baller
@Luzz w/ coop the big 34/36 debate argument was prevalent. I still considering the ability to use ZBS to "opt up" versus restricting a score to class/age works. Does your desire to not go 34 carry over to a OW not being allowed to opt up ton36?

• Baller

@BraceMaker Wow, very interesting question. I don't fully understand why I am so "traditional" in this sense, but I believe the conventional speeds make sense to me, including recent changes to have U14 girls and 55+ women skiing at 32mph. Despite slalom doesn't have the risk levels of jump, I think injury and safety might play a part with this. The conversation I had with Coop is more about my thoughts on pro-level skiers (or even Open-rated in US terms) switching to 34mph the second they turn 36. I just don't see myself doing it. At the same time, I don't see myself trying to run 1@11.25m at 36mph at age 66 because I can't run 39off at 32mph… Once could even say I shouldn't be allowed the option :lol:

About ZBS, I have also always thought that the 6 buoys per speed calculation COULD make sense until a certain line length, say 35off, but after that, it really doesn't make a lot of sense to me. The difficulty between line lengths is not linear (listen to @TFIN and @Chris Rossi episode about rope lengths for a good idea about that).

(btw, Coop is very happy that his episodes sparked interest in the BOS community)

• Baller

@Luzz ha they are strangely entertaining episodes - Somewhat the slightly confusion brings up somewhat different topics that you might otherwise touch on.

ZBS or other algorithms might be a good topic for spraymakers or the waterski podcast as I do see the value of ZBS in the US in getting people to tournaments but as I understand it IWWF doesn't have the same option and there is no rule that pegs AWSA to IWWF ages specifically so it seems there is some jockeying. And IWWF has a new rule for 45+ women's which looks a lot like ZBS;

aq576k48ymcg.png

Anyhow, one of the things that struck me about the conversation was when you got to Jeff Rodgers, if 55k is easier when will that be reflected in scores on the 9.5?

• Baller

Although if you note - a 49 18.25 on ZBS is a 60 and a 55 10.75 is 108. So the IWWF does have some sort of different metric.

I'd rather it be some sort of calculator where the score goes through an algorithm and maybe could reflect more closely relative difficulty.

• Baller

@BraceMaker Interesting stuff. However, my point is that regardless where you put the "zero", a 6-buoy difference in my mind doesn't hold for all passes. Some example of the top of my head:

1@11.25m at 34mph = 1@12m at 36mph. I can see that

1@9.75m at 34mph = 1@10.25m at 36mph. I don't see that, I think the latter is slightly harder.

1@14.25m at 32mph = 1@18.25m at 36mph. Latter is much harder.

• Baller

7uarnx1gjr4v.png

This episode is a tribute to José Castelli, one of the oldest and most experienced coaches on the Italian water ski scene. He sadly passed away on April 18th. I had the privilege of skiing with him for three years in the mid-2000s, an experience that formed my coach and I immensely. This is my own, personal tribute to José.

#molamia

• Baller

aljqhqwy43kb.pngThis episode of The Water Ski Podcast is with Jennifer LaPoint!

Jennifer is a former Pro Water Skier, investor, and entrepreneur. A member of the Water Ski Hall Of Fame, Jennifer held the World Slalom Record three times, being the first woman to ever run 11.25m. She also has a keen passion to promote the sport of water skiing, starting with the WOW tour in the

Join Matteo and Jennifer as the go over:

• Jennifer's early days of skiing and early tournament experiences
  • Her upbringing as a multi-sport athlete of basketball and water skiing
  • Historical development of Worlds and Pro Tour
  • The shift from College Basketball at Georgia Tech to skiing for University of Central Florida
  • The stories of her World Records and the importance of sport psychology
  • Jennifer's injury and comeback
  • The creation and development of the Women Of Waterskiing (WOW) Tour
  • Her relationship with Kris LaPoint and the creation of Lapoint skis.
  • The App Compete and what brought Jennifer the inspiration for its creation.
  • …and more!!

Check out LaPoint Ski Park on Instagram, Lapoint Skis, and watch her

Also, check out the development of Compete at getcompete.com.

• Baller

0a1hw7a7lbwi.pngThis Ski Talk episode of The Water Ski Podcast is with Vincent Stadlbaur!

Vincent is a Swiss skier who currently resides in Clermont, FL. However, calling "Vino" simply a skier is reductive. Internationally ranked driver, webcast producer, photographer… Vino is a bit of a Leonardo Da Vinci, a true ambassador of water skiing worldwide.

Join Vincent and Matteo as they cover:

• Vincent's early days in the sport as part of a 3rd generation of skiers
  • How his passion for photography started
  • Some of Vino's first shots and the famous Asher's photo at 9.75m at Alizée Cup
  • His insistence since young to drive the boat and his first experiences
  • Vincent's dad insistence on respecting the sport
  • The moment everything clicked and started driving the best skiers in the World
  • Vino's days at Film School and how the passion for webcast arose
  • The importance of content creation for the promotion of the sport
  • … and a ton more!

Follow Vino on Instagram, check out The Waterski Broadcasting Company, and take a look at the Swiss Waterski Resort.

Also, look at some of his video productions. My favorite one is

• Baller

acgzmjx4x5ti.pngEpisode 34 is with Tony Lightfoot, John Waldron, and Vincent Stadlbaur, who together are The Waterski Broadcasting Company.

In this episode Matteo probes them to talk about the past, present, and future of water ski webcasting, which inevitably touched on how video can promote the sport of water skiing.

Follow Tony, John, Vino, and The Waterski Broadcasting Company on Instagram, and check out their impressive archive on YouTube.

This episode is brought to you by the FlowPoint Method, a revolutionary and holist approach to water skiing created by Jenny LaBaw and Marcus Brown.

Learn more about it by going to thewaterskipodcast.com/flowpointmethod

Thank you to everyone for the constant support to The Water Ski Podcast, it has been overwhelmingly encouraging ;-) Take a few seconds to write a review of the podcast on Apple Podcasts, it really helps :-) … and let's keep the momentum going!

I found that last 10mins of Vince’s interview super interesting and after watching Marcus’s “paradise lost” for the 1000th time again today why isn’t skiing mainstream entertainment? Like you guys said its not the cost. Formula 1 and formula E are ultra inaccessible but people watch it. Skiing has the same appeal; interesting characters to follow, highly skilled athletes, beautiful sites and shiny expensive boats. I feel like if there was a “tour” on Netflix or what ever, if it followed the top 10 male and female skiiers through the season and just showed the beauty of the sport with a basic understanding of how it scores without going to far down the rabbit hole of rules it would be a great watch.

• Baller
Imo the answer is a definite ‘inspire how to ski’. I spent a half hour this morning flipping through the 25th anniversary issue of WaterSki mag. Those photos, articles and TV tourneys from the 70’s, 80’s and beyond is what inspired me and my ski buddies.

@luzz I think maybe a bit of both. There is a lot of interest at the junior level at our local club ski schools and if there was more mainstream publicly maybe more kids would be like “wow look at these guys i could be like that”, Surely they are the future?

I can kind of in vision it like a rugby match an 80min show with heaps of cool graphics, stats on players, slow mo replays and cool shots.

Half the population or more of our wee county tunes in for test matches and I bet 75% of the audience don’t know/ care about the rules and laws of rugby but they just love the entertainment and athletic abilities of the players. I know its hard to compare a team sport to an individual sport but its kind of the same, kids look up to the top All Blacks team members and want to be like that and then go join a rugby club. Maybe if they saw Freddy Winter crushing 41 or Ryan Dodd jumping 230ft ect on the TV they would google the nearest club and join or ski club nights. You don’t Have to own a boat to get started.

Just thoughts ?‍♂️

• Baller

zousftstgw9r.pngEpisode 35 is the first of a three-part interview with Will Asher.

Will is a 2-time World Champion, 5-times Masters Champion, and among the very best skiers of all time.

This is actually a second recording. The first recording session, which occurred via Skype, got damaged due to Matteo's computer failing. However, Will's audio was preserved. Parts of this first recording will be features exclusively on Water Ski Bits, so make sure to subscribe on your favorite platform!

This episode is brought to you by the FlowPoint Method, a revolutionary and holist approach to water skiing created by Jenny LaBaw and Marcus Brown.

In this first part, Matteo asks Will about his beginnings in the UK, early successes, people that influenced him along that part of the journey, and his transition to College.

Follow Will on Instagram, and watch his

. Also, check out "More Than a Skier", a FlowPoint TV episode with Will.

• Baller
Nice job @Luzz ! Will Asher’s stories, as much as any of the stars in our sport, always inspires to give due diligence in doing the best that we are capable of. And, along with the stories told by BLP, Wade and others drives me to check out HO Syndicate first when considering a new ski. It’s something about the stories, the history and the current team’s approach to developing new designs.

• Baller

rhbu6vyy0see.pngWelcome to Part 2 of Matteo's interview with Will Asher.

Will is a 2-time World Champion, 5-times Masters Champion, and among the very best skiers of all time.

This is actually a second recording. The first recording session, which occurred via Skype, got damaged due to Matteo's computer failing. However, Will's audio was preserved. Parts of this first recording will be features exclusively on Water Ski Bits, so make sure to subscribe on your favorite platform!

In this second part, Will covers some key successes in his career, including the 2003 and 2005 Collegiate National Titles, the 2003 and 2009 World Championships, and the beginning of his journey with HO Skis.

. Also, check out "
", a FlowPoint TV episode with Will.

• Baller

Fair Warning Ballers: You are really going to love this one
wbkuddlupffd.pngEpisode 37 concludes a 3-part interview with Will Asher.

In this third part, Will covers his journey at HO Skis, including what he has learned from the LaPoint brothers, the search and journey he underwent to understand ski shaping and design, and some recent adjustments he has made to his skiing. The interview concludes with Matteo using word association to further explore some key moments and people in Will's journey to this point.

. Also, check out "
", a FlowPoint TV episode with Will.

Learn more about the FlowPoint Method by going to thewaterskipodcast.com/flowpointmethod

• Baller

dry29fwvnhye.pngWelcome back for Episode 38 of TWSP.

This is the first part of an ongoing interview with Trent Finlayson ( @TFIN ). Trent is a pro skier, among the most respected slalom coaches in the scene, and was an integral part of WaterSki Mag for over a decade. Trent is also the current Senior World and Pan-Am Champion!

Join in as Matteo and Trent discuss Trent's early days in the sport, with particular emphasis on the key people that helped him along the first part of the journey.

Follow Trent on Instagram and check out Spraymakers, the podcast he co-hosts with Chris Rossi, where they dissect slalom skiing for the rest of us to learn and improve :)

Learn more about the FlowPoint Method by going to thewaterskipodcast.com/flowpointmethod

If you are interested in advertising on The Water Ski Podcast, please reach out

• Baller

3hwfoq6cs259.pngThis is the second part of Matteo's interview with Trent Finlayson. Trent is a pro skier, among the most respected slalom coaches in the scene, and was an integral part of WaterSki Mag for over a decade. Trent is also the current Senior World and Pan-Am Champion!

Join in as Matteo and Trent discuss:

• Trent's move from Louisiana to Texas and his experiences in Florida
  • Trent's early days in the Pro Tour
  • Water Ski Magazine and Trent's years there
  • The strange co-occurrence of being a fan of and a competitor in water skiing
  • The story of Trent's WaterSki Mag cover
  • The shift to 55kmh and skiing the Pan-Am Championships with athletes he coaches
  • Differences between 55kmh and 58kmh
  • Winning the +35 World Championships
  • The Spraymakers Podcast

Follow Trent on Instagram and check out Spraymakers, the podcast he co-hosts with Chris Rossi, where they dissect slalom skiing for the rest of us to learn and improve :)

• Baller

2kokc0l5kr4o.pngThis is the first of a three-part series of Matteo's interview with Freddie Winter. Freddie is the current Masters Champion and the 2017 World Champion. He's one of those selected people who has run 10.25m, currently holding the European record with 1.5@9.75m. Freddie is also a super cool, opinionated, and genuine person, and it truly transpired in this interview.

Join in as Matteo and Freddie discuss:

• The early days going to ski with his parents, and their role in his ever-growing passion
  • The ski scene in England and how that shaped Freddie's approach to the sport
  • Freddie's early influences
  • The experience of early competitions with his sister Amelia
  • Flow in water skiing and his first experience of it
  • The importance of preparation and the feeling of knowing he has done all he can before an event
  • Deciding to stay in England for College and the balancing act of school, work, and skiing
  • Winning the 2009 U21 Europeans and skiing Princes Pro Am as Pro a few days later
  • How not making it to 2011 Worlds changed his training regime
  • Running his first 10.75m at the Seaton Classic
  • …and a lot more :)

Follow Freddie on Instagram, and check out

made by the mighty Adam Urquhart.

This episode is brought to you by the H2OProShop the place to get all your water ski equipment with free shipping in the 48 states and great international shipping rates. Use the code "TWSP" at check out for a 10% off storewide ;-)

Get your ski gear at the store founded by skiers, run by skiers, made for skiers!

This episode is also brought to you by the FlowPoint Method, a revolutionary and holist approach to water skiing created by Jenny LaBaw and Marcus Brown.

• Baller

fceo69fgkgla.pngThis is the second of a three-part series of Matteo's interview with Freddie Winter. Freddie is the current Masters Champion and the 2017 World Champion. He's one of those selected people who has run 10.25m, currently holding the European record with 1.5@9.75m. Freddie is also a super cool, opinionated, and genuine person, and it truly transpired in this interview.

• Qualifying for the 2013 Worlds via the World Ranking List
  • Getting Third at 2013 Worlds after a run-off
  • The fallacies of water skiing from a technical and judging/driving perspective
  • The 2015 season, including the second Bronze at the Worlds
  • The hype of 2016 with great scores and the low of losing the season due to an injury
  • The increasing role of coaching in Freddie's life after that injury which brought him to work for Travis at The Boarding School

Support the crowdfunding efforts to have The Waterski Broadcasting Company to webcast the 2020 US Nationals at Bennett's. Click here to donate what you can.

This episode is brought to you by the H2OProShop the place to get all your water ski equipment with free shipping in the 48 states and great international shipping rates. Use the code "TWSP" at check out for a 10% off storewide ;-)

Get your ski gear at the store founded by skiers, run by skiers, made for skiers!

This episode is also brought to you by the FlowPoint Method, a revolutionary and holist approach to water skiing created by Jenny LaBaw and Marcus Brown.

• Baller

zy515a7mwj0o.pngThis is the third and last part of Matteo's interview with Freddie Winter. Freddie is the current Masters Champion and the 2017 World Champion. He's one of those selected people who has run 10.25m, currently holding the European record with 1.5@9.75m. Freddie is also a super cool, opinionated, and genuine person, and it truly transpired in this interview.

• Winning the 2017 World Championships and the work that led to that win
  • The role of Steve Glanfield in Freddie's skiing
  • His search for skis in the 2018 season, ending with D3 Skis in 2019
  • How his sponsorship with MasterCraft came about
  • The resurgence of Pro Skiing, driven by what has been happening in Europe

Support the crowdfunding efforts to have The Waterski Broadcasting Company to webcast the 2020 US Nationals at Bennett's. Click here to donate what you can.

• Baller

Finally able to start catching up on the podcast again and forgot how utterly ridiculous the 2015 Masters final ruling was. I was just laughing at myself for being enraged all over again about the BS they handed Freddie, 5 years ago. I’m happy he talks about it here. That kind of crap should be called out again and again.

@Luzz @FWinter the best podcast yet. I love you guys

• Baller

9hgy6bo4qixp.pngIn this 43rd episode of The Water Ski Podcast, Matteo chats with Candido Moz.

Candido is the current President of the IWWF Tournament Council, and widely regarded as the most knowledgeable judge in the sport. With more than 1,000 tournaments in his experience, including several World Championships and Pro Tournaments, Candido is the man to ask questions to.

Join in as Matteo and Candido discuss:

• Candido's early days as a skier and what brought him to stop skiing and start judging
  • How he became an International Judge and a TC
  • How judging the 1991 World Championships shaped his judging career
  • The 2019 Malaysia Worlds and how the Worlds could be organized in such a site
  • Differences between Worlds and Pro Tournaments
  • The role of Ranking Lists
  • What brings about a World Record
  • How the Tournament Council elections work
  • Differences in judging and organization between E&A and PANAM regions
  • The importance of good driving for proper water skiing
  • … and much more

Follow Candido on Instagram and check out the IWWF Tournament Rulebook

• Baller

hp7q9q082tzq.pngThis episode of The Water Ski Podcast is with Daniel Zimmerman.

Daniel is what someone who grew up in competitive water skiing might call a "recreational water skier". Daniel has been skiing for over 20 years and has skied in some amazing places, including Guatemala, Croatia, Greece, Jamaica, and Ireland. He tried the slalom course for the first time a few weeks ago and found it exciting. Matteo and Daniel sit down to talk about water skiing, from a slightly different perspective than episodes past.

Enjoy!

If you are interested in advertising on The Water Ski Podcast, please reach out.

• Baller

32ls32aqkc81.pngIn episode 45 of The Water Ski Podcast, Matteo (virtually) sits down with Jeff Surdej.

Jeff is a competitive water skier from Illinois, and the current president of both the National Collegiate Water Ski Association (NCWSA) and the American Water Ski Association (AWSA). In this interview, Jeff guides Matteo through his early days as a competitive water skier, his first tournament experiences, collegiate water skiing, and the volunteering journey that brought Jeff to hold positions of high influence in the sport. Sit tight as Matteo asks Jeff a lot of questions about all of these topics and more :)

Enjoy!

Further, in order to promote the Water Ski Games on World Water Skiers (WWS), Matteo decided to launch an event to all TWSP fans. Called "Anything But A Slalom Ski", the event uses the Zero Buoy Score system to encourage everyone to compete remotely. Please create a profile on WWS if you don't have one, follow the rules, and submit your round. The only additional rule is that you can't run the course on a slalom ski… Post your videos on Instagram and throw in the hashtag #anythingbutaslalomski

If you are interested in advertising on The Water Ski Podcast, please reach out.

• Baller

@Luzz - sorry for my question I got to that point of the podcast while laying under the car tonight (no hovercraft unless I turn the skis downhill snowboard style got it)

@JeffSurdej - something to the point of the people who need to be maintained I know you see that the collegiate skiers drop out but there is also collegiate wakeboarders and locally there is a cable park with little to no reason for all those riders to join. Maybe membership perks to cable park riders? Could drive skiers to the parks to trick or whatever who wouldn't otherwise go there - which could bring in people from the parks? 1-2 day passes at whatever few parks with your membership.

My wife was here while you were talking about ZBS and green novice balls and she went "ya why aren't there more of those?" you have her support.

So a small add on to add some hours to your week.

This year I brought my wife to a novice event, they needed a grassroots membership. What about giving every member a few "day passes" with their membership? I'm thinking about how who can invite guests to the golf course or the pool for the day but a limited number of times a year. You give the member a few vouchers which would allow me to bring someone out a couple times a year for a novice ride - maybe pull those people between rounds? So after round 1 after round 2 - let the sites cash that in so if they pay to sanction the event and a few people cash in those vouchers let the site get a discount against their sanction fee to encourage it. You limit the amount by giving only a couple to every member.

• Baller

zvcfnwm2tto2.pngThis episode of The Water Ski Podcast is with Matteo Ianni (@matteoianni). Matteo is a great water skier who was a rising star of the sport worldwide during his teenager years. Unfortunately, overtraining landed to a number of protrusions in his back that impeded him from continuing what could have been a stellar pro career.

Sit back as the Matteo talks about his early days as a skier, the early successes and his thirst for high-performance slalom skiing, as well as the injury and the struggle of discovering what the problem actually was. Further, the two Matteos discuss the current state of the sport, the overly permissive tolerances currently present in our sport, and what inspired the guest of this episode to contribute to what became the Water Ski Games.

Enjoy!

In order to promote the Water Ski Games on World Water Skiers (WWS), we decided to launch an event to all TWSP fans. Called "Anything But A Slalom Ski", the event uses the Zero Buoy Score system to encourage everyone to compete remotely. Please create a profile on WWS if you don't have one, follow the rules, and submit your round. The only additional rule is that you can't run the course on a slalom ski… Post your videos on Instagram and throw in the hashtag #anythingbutaslalomski

• Baller

1uruxql9n7n5.pngWelcome to this episode of TWSP featuring Cole Grant.

Cole is a highly respected water ski coach, currently working at Matt Rini's Ski School. Cole is also a great skier who, through hard work and perseverance, managed to revamp the Ragin Cajuns Water Ski Team at the University Of Louisiana during the early part of the 2010s.

Press play and enjoy this thorough chat among two friends, as Matteo asks Cole about his Junior years balancing three sports at once, how he decided to commit to water skiing, and how all of these experiences contributed to make him the coach he is now. Also, the two talk quite at lengths about coaching, what Cole believes good coaching to be, and a lot more :)

Enjoy!

In order to promote the Water Ski Games on World Water Skiers (WWS), we decided to launch an event to all TWSP fans. Called "Anything But A Slalom Ski", the event uses the Zero Buoy Score system to encourage everyone to compete remotely. Please create a profile on WWS if you don't have one, follow the rules, and submit your round. The only additional rule is that you can't run the course on a slalom ski… Post your videos on Instagram and throw in the hashtag #anythingbutaslalomski

• Baller

These are interesting interviews, but as a newbie, how about some more episodes on tips and technique. Episode 29 was really the only one like that. Maybe some more gear reviews. Not just skis, but ropes, gloves and vests. Perhaps consider some more discussion on your views on boats.

I'm an old free skier taking my first few stabs at the course this summer. Tips? Suggestions?? Best way to work with kids?

Just some ideas. Great job on an enjoyable podcast.

• Baller

@MitchellM Thank you for your suggestions and praise. I am always tempted to talk about all of that stuff, but I feel that there's already a lot out there (and on here too) that if one wants to dig, they can find it. However, as @MarcusBrown rightfully said, we have done a poor job throughout the years documenting history and make the people in/behind the sport known. I am trying to fill that gap as much as I can.

However, I might start throwing in some of my thoughts about technique, progression, etc

• Baller

pynhid36isnk.pngEpisode 48 of TWSP is with none other than Giannina Bonnemann!

Giannina is a professional water skier from Germany and among the very best overall skiers in the World.

Tune in as she shares her journey with Matteo, including some highlights from her Junior, Collegiate, and Pro experiences. Giannina is particularly well-known for her athleticism and conscientious approach to water ski training, and together with Matteo, she discusses what it takes to become the best skier one can be.

Enjoy this thorough conversation between two friends!