Evo D3 vs. HO Syndicate Omni

dbaconaz

• Baller

A better comparison would be the EVO vs. the OMEGA. The EVO is a World Record 43 off Tournament ski. The OMNI is not even in the same ball park, and never designed to be a top level tournament ski. It is probably a great ski for the level it was designed for, but the OMEGA would be a much better comparison.

• Baller
True, those are two different skis. The Omega would be a better comparison. But for you I would say the Syndicate Omni would be the better choice. Matter of fact, I would say it would be the perfect ski for you and the type of skiing you do. Its the ski I ski on. I do both course and open water skiing. It is a high-level course ski that I have personally gotten into 35 off on. And for open water skiing it just can't be beat. Because of the design of the ski there is so much less drag on the ski that my open water sets go twice as long as they did on my previous HO Pro. It just doesn't wear you out. It is effortless to ski on. I think it would be the perfect ski for you.

• Baller

@Garn relatively agree, I think if the Omni was offered in a 66" it would be ideal - I'm at that body weight ~175 lbs that most skis are 67" for 34 66" for 36. The 67" Omni feels like a lot of ski for me at 34, 28-32 A OK.

I picked up a 65" non-syndicate to try and its just too small.

A 66" could be a pretty snazzy 34 ripper - but in practicality I would probably buy a 67" in any of the other HO or D3 skis.