First ski...Butterknife, katana?

ash

I got into skiing last year and am looking at getting my own ski.

I went to Lacanau, France, last year for 5 days and by the end I had managed a few deep water starts on a Radar Theory 67 and was depending what I was being told to do either doing a half course or attempting to get out to the buoys.

The 2 guys I ski with back in the UK are about to restart skiing for the season which has got me thinking of waterskiing again. They're both in their 60s and not quite up to date with newer skis. The boat has a bigger wake than the one in Lacanau if that effects choice.

I know the Theory has been replaced by the Katana. But I was wondering if, for my sort of level, a Butterknife would be better to learn and progress on?

I’m 6’ and 82kg/180lbs

Thanks for any advice

• Baller
I have a 67" Katana and at 6' 200 lbs it is plenty of ski for me to get out of the water on. The ski is a lot of fun. I have skied it in the course at 30 mph and 32 mph from 22 off to 32 off and it is great at those lengths and speeds. I think it would be great for what you are looking for.

• Baller
love both of my vector boots - so comfortable - i have a 2015 and the 2019 version and the new is even better. I run a RTP as well. Nothing wrong with the prime though just a little lower cuff and a little less stiff is my guess.