2019 Connelly GT-R review mid point

Horton

• Administrators

I have 8 sets on the GT-R so far. It is not secret that I really liked the last generation of the Prophecy. I never really settled in the the GT so I was unsure how the GT-R review would go. What I have learned is that I likely never had the right settings on the GT. Needless to say I am impressed with the GT-R and very much enjoying riding it for the review. Below is video of a 32,35 and then 5 @ 38 from today

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
I really liked the GTR the few sets on it I got before i had surgery in the fall. Hoping to get back on it in the next few weeks. I did find big Connelly banners in my garage this week that they sent me when they donated some skis to our raffle at Lakes at Cypress a few years back.

• Administrators
@BoneHead my offside is typically better regardless of the ski. When the rope gets short I trend to get too much out of 1 ball and then lose some direction off the second wake going to 2.

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
To my eyes, @Horton's skiing has greatly improved in the past couple of years. I watched that and thought "that guy should be running 38 every time with that skiing" I suppose switching skis monthly has its drawbacks...

• Baller

@Horton Don't you think that you might be a lot more consistent than you are at 38 and into 39 if you had been able to stay on one ski that you really liked for an entire season instead of always having to change things in your technique to adjust to the quirks and idiosyncracies of all these different skis that you've been testing and reviewing over the years?

I mean it must be fun and very interesting to be able to try all of these great skis that you get to review but don't you ever wish you could just stay skiing on whatever ski is your favorite and really get dialed into it by skiing on it for an extended period of time instead of always having to get used to different skis often times with very different characteristics?

• Administrators
@DangerBoy Yes for sure. Theoretically I would be a much better skier if I had settled on one ski. Switching skis so much has taught me a TON about skis and skiing. It has also made me more of a ski chameleon but it has cost me progress in terms of ball count.

Drop a dime in the can

• Administrators

With some new settings I ran 5 back to back 35s today on the 67". I was super proud of one of them. Below is not that pass because @Rico videoed all of them but the one I was happy with.

More important is the next set I tried a 68". 32s were meh, 35s were better but odd, and then I ran my 2nd 38 of the season. Of course I shortened and got 2 @ 39. STOKED!

Drop a dime in the can

• Administrators

@ski6jones My morning weigh in 183-ish.

The stock front binding placement on the 67" is 29 3/8. To me that ski is could be called a 66.5".

The stock front binding placement on the 68" is 29 7/8" - that is the same as where I run my 67 Radar and back from where I would run a 67 D3. I think the 68" could be rebranded as a 67.5"

I originally asked Connelly for the 68 because the 67 was slow with the first settings I was skiing with. After the 68 shipped Martin Bartalsky hooked me up with better numbers for the 67 to make it faster and way better. I have a 5 @ 38 on the 67 and a 2 @ 39 on the 68. Because I do not have final setting for either ski I am not sure what size will actually turn out to be better for me.

Drop a dime in the can