Introducing the CG Classic by Denali Skis

ROBOT

• Administrators

CG Classic

DenaliDenali’s patent pending Asymmetrical Hole Design is now available on the standard fin shape! Immediately make your on side turns more automatic, and your off side turns more stable and predictable. Just replace your stock fin with the CG Classic using your same settings, and you will instantly have better turns, more control, and be running more buoys.

It’s as simple as:

1. Order from Denaliskis.com and choose Right Foot Forward or Left Foot Forward

2. Measure your current fin and wing settings before removing

3. Mount your new CG Classic with your same settings, using your original wing and hardware

4. Run more buoys!

Details:

• Fits all skis with an adjustable fin

• Made from aerospace grade 7075 Aluminum

• Anodized for maximum corrosion protection

• .09” Thickness (industry standard)

The asymmetrical hole design has been tested and proven by hundreds of skiers.  

Available only at denaliskis.com

• Baller

I should say that these are IN STOCK now, which is a nice change for us. The idea with this fin is to make the transition easy and simple. No adjustments required, just mount the fin in the same place as your old one and ski.

RFF Fins are anodized black, LFF fins are anodized clear

mfju2nx6e5wk.jpg

3wizqokk8szs.jpg

• Baller
@AdamCord - you wrote "The idea with this fin is to make the transition easy and simple." Transition from what to what? From a stock fin to the CG fin? I thought your CG fin was awesome and easy to transition to from a stock fin.

• Baller

@jimbrake

While the CG Fin has been way more successful than we had ever imagined, it can take some adjustment to get dialed.

The CG Classic just...doesn't. It is the same shape as what's already on your ski, it just works better by bringing asymmetry into the mix. That way your turn and pull on both sides will get better right away.

• Baller

@ISP6ball no this doesn't replace the CG Fin.

If you are not afraid of trying something new and are willing to make tweaks and adjustments to get the best possible setup, get a CG Fin. If you want to buy a higher buoy count and not have to do any adjusting, get a CG Classic.

• Baller

Quick story... Roughly 14mo ago I got a phone call and some video from a 'skier'. This skier was struggling to get a start at 41 and not getting the scores they once did and was struggling with tail blow issues at 41. I recommended working on the GUT style gate, but more importantly upgrading the fin he was using on his ski.

This skier then started riding an early version of the CG classic, and within a couple weeks was running back to back 41s in practice. Said skier, who we are not allowed to name (due to contract issues) may or may not have had the highest score at one of the recent pro events.

• Baller

My phone exploded yesterday with people trying to get their hands on a CG Classic! The first huge pile went out the door last night.

We have already ordered another batch of fins, however, if you don’t want to get stuck waiting on batch #2, don’t hesitate to make a move ASAP.

I know people are anxious to get going on the season so I will be trying to keep up with shipments every night for next couple weeks!

• Baller
@adamhcaldwell, I am certain that the fins can wait. Those people could have ordered a CG fin months ago if they believed in science. Clearly the C75s are going to the hardest-working and hardest-skiing Americans that have the strongest confidence in your work.

• Baller
@Jaypro That fin doesn't know what length your at. The asymmetrical holes affects the water flow around & through the fin as it turns it free's up the back of the ski helping it to pivot around the Apex naturally with less input from the skier. So with help turn the ski at any length or speed.

• Baller
The one I ordered for my friend to make his Goode even better arrived today. Order was placed late last week.@mdrggs if you scroll to the beginning of this post it tells all about the fin. Same settings you've been running including the wing, just install the CG classic and run more buoys. If you like adjusting fins and getting the most possible performance out of your ski then get the CG standard.

I saw these fins first-hand as a raffle item at the NCWSA All Stars tournament this past weekend. (Thank you Denali Skis for the tournament sponsorship!) Really neat design.

2 of my friends won the classic shape fins, and another friend of mine won the original CG fin! I can't wait to hear from them on how they perform!

• Baller
Blowing the tail is a condition of coming into the ball too fast and narrow. If you've ever raced cars or snowmobiles you may have heard the term loose is fast. It's not really a matter of being loose. Too loose will make you spin out in the corner much like blowing the tail. Anytime we're entering the corner too fast there is that potential whether it be on a ski or in a racing vehicle. It's more better described as a slight drift. In skiing we call it smear. What that does, is set the angle early exiting the corner to be able to put the power down sooner.the better angle you have coming out of the turn the more chance of being early and further up on the boat giving you more time in the turn. That's what the asymmetrical holes help to achieve. I agree with.@ Than_Bogan @ Adam cord or@Adam Caldwell should chime into better explained in detail.

• Baller
If I'm not mistaken, the total number of times I have blown the tail with all experimental and production versions of the CG Fin is ... zero. Of course all of that has been with a c65, and I nearly never blew the tail on that before I had the CG Fin, but nevertheless the CG clearly made it even harder to blow the tail.

• Baller_
Yep. Blowing a tail seems more impossible with the CG fin. I'm sure one can set any ski up to do just that. But danged if I ever found a setting that blew the tail with a CG fin and I've been all over the map on settings. How's that for a confidence booster...forget about that happening and just go ski.

• Baller

No one is both willing and able to explain why it works.

The benefit of it is easy to explain: It makes it incredibly easy to initiate your onside turn without losing outbound speed, and with no tendency to slide too far at the finish of the turn. There are other benefits, but that's the huge one.

(Technically, I'm referring to the CG, not the CG Classic. I am merely guessing that that you get some of the same benefits from the new Classic.)

• Administrators
Sometimes I feel like you guys will just chase after anything that shiny and complicated. The concept is simply that the fin has less resistance to slide in one direction than the other

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
@wawaskr if quantum physics was explained could you follow along. @adamhcaldwell said it best. P.F.M. . To watch a guy that is only 5'9" tall run into -43off is spooky action at a distance.

• Baller
To be fair, he was not on normal conventional high-end ski .It was the whole package c-75 Denali CG fin. The CG classic takes a small part of that technology and can help a normal conventional ski perform better by simply installing it with the same set up you have been running for better results. For maximum results a c-75 will be required. But it's a start.

• Baller

@jaypro - that ski your riding was the first ski I’ve ever had blow out during a heelside turn! I’ve ridden several and they all had the propensity to do that.

Moving the fin forward/deeper/shorter helped tremendously. If I remember correctly, it was pushing .90, 2.52, 6.790ish

• Baller
@adamhcaldwell I installed the fin and used the settings above. My off side turn, RFF, has changed significantly. As a novice, 15-22 32mph skier, I really can't explain it. I was really struggling with my stack on my offside turn, it felt really, disjointed. Now I feel like the ski is coming through the turn at 1-3-5 (or finishing the turn) automatically and I am just stacking on top of it! It just feels so much more stable. I honestly can't feel any difference on the onside, but the offside is just locked! Thanks so much!!!