Joel's gates

Horton

• Baller_
I saw that on FB. Kind of an interesting way to hone in on a technique..he had people vote. I voted #4. Wonder how it impacted his decision on technique at Swiss as that came out before. He did say he was changing technique when Tony interviewed him.

• Baller
I think #3 started as his best gate shot, starting higher on the boat and progressively building angle. The turns at 1 and 2 look better on #4. Its a matter of staying balanced and focused and putting it all together. Stay in the zone. Whether for you its focusing on every detail and aspect or simply letting go and letting it happen. He's a really good skier!

• Baller
Ok so he said that he was taking a softer pullout into #4 so does that translate into narrower, probably. Does anyone actually think going narrower on your gate shot at shortline is a good thing?

• Baller
Agree so there are a few variables but he was not as far up on the boat as the first three but the result out of 1 ball was probably the best. 4 gate shots is not enough to draw any real conclusions from. He did set an new Aussie record so big congrats to him for that, something is working.