Inboards and Free Coffee

2Valve

• Baller

Had a long drive Friday night to my buddy's to retrieve the boat from winter storage. On the way back, I decided to drive through the Micky D's for a coffee, to stay awake. Pull up to the window where it turns out, the nice blonde woman in front of me decided it was her treat.

She ended up having to wait for her food, so she got out and walked over where we talked slalom and Inboard's for another five min.

Sometimes you meet the nicest people in a drive thru. :)

• Baller
Not as cool as driving an inboard, but I was in Austin for a conference. I had a conference call that started early so I was customer #1 at the hotel Starbucks. I’m not a Starbucks guy, as I only want black, mild/medium coffee. I am very friendly, especially to service workers so I was chatting with her as she got things ready for the day. When it came to order she informed me that the 1st customer every Wednesday gets a free cup of coffee. Don’t know if it’s true every Wednesday, but it was true for me and I was very grateful!

• Baller
At my company, we have the Pour Over system and Ice Cold Brew decanter's in our break room. Did my first Pour over a couple years ago, and it definitely was a "Holy Crap, this is amazing!" moment. Starbuck's basic coffee....yeah, not so good.

• Baller

@2Valve My #1 is Coffee Tody cold brew, my #2 is pour over, my...oh my god I don't have any coffee is McD's...my I can't believe anyone drinks this swill, no wonder people put 18 sugars and 6 creams in it and we have an obesity problem in America...is Dunkin.

• Baller

OK, back to running into nice strangers and talking about boats vs what's the best coffee. I had a little "incident" last winter while working on my boat and experienced a little contact between my thigh and the spinning vanes on the alternator in my boat while working on it. In most of those instances, as in mine, the alternator won.

3umng74wuw4x.jpg

So of course, in the ER, they ask how I did it. Next thing I know, the nurse and I are sharing pictures of our boats and discussing water sports.

• Baller

Since it was kind of a wide gap (about 2" x 5") there was some discussion as to how to treat, because it might not have been able to be pulled closed. The doc went for it tho, and all worked out well. 28 staples, in for about 3 weeks and then some follow up "wound care" for about 6 weeks since it kind of pulled open when the staples came out. Good to go now. (happened feb 2)md5cr9a645m1.jpg