Swiss Pro Slalom is this weekend!

ROBOT

• Baller_

I'll add to Zman ...not only that many cameras and angles but great work moving between them all seamlessly to keep the viewers interest way up. Each year it just gets better. Well done!!! Still wanna know how that water cam tracks considering it's a split second around the ball.

Oh and totally agree with Tony on the big presence of Conelly. What a come back from almost none not that long ago.

• Baller

such a great event! the webcast quality was so rad. i will say the pull meter didnt really do anything for me..... the skiers dont really seem to care either. chatting with the skiers throughout was great.

i would still love to see the w's prize $ be the same as the mens. $2500 each would be so easy as well as respectful to the women's field. that runoff was so good.

• Baller
Agreed, this was the highest quality web cast that I have seen. Excellent commentary as Tony actually knew what he was talking about. Very well produced, I imagine it was expensive as they obviously had a lot of bandwidth available.

• Baller
Having produced a number of webcasts myself, I can definitively say Tony and Vincent put in an incredible amount of time, effort and money into the Swiss Pro Slalom production. It has to be a labor of love to put that much into the broadcast!! Hats off!!

• Baller_
I felt bad for Tony there for a little while. His assessments of skier technique, equipment, and style was met with an apposing view and I have to say correct analysis from Drew Ross. Hats off to Drew for knowing his stuff and sharing his thoughts. Very knowledgeable and could easily be a good choice for announcing future events if he so chooses.

• Baller

It's cool. At least we got a conversation going and I do acknowledge that Drew is a lot closer to the coaching and technical scene than I am, so an opposing view works out just fine.

We've got a bunch of great events coming up and it was an absolute blast to pull off this one.

On reflection (and this was my major takeaway) I was actually pleasantly surprised that the skiers I spoke to were up for answering some difficult questions about their performances and careers in general. Maybe it's about time that tournament water skiing fully embraces that media culture that has been a part of major sports.

Glad you enjoyed the coverage. We (Vincent, John and Myself) are planning on adding more innovations to our coverage of tournament water skiing, so keep watching.

Tony Lightfoot

TWSBC

• Baller

Thank you Tony so much for such great coverage. Especially loading it to U-Tube so we could review it on TV at our convenience. I would have missed it otherwise. Really enjoyed it and always learn something in the process...Thanks Again !!!

• Baller
With yet another cold/rainy/windy Chicago day and day 2 of foot surgery recovery, I woke up in a crappy mood. But it could not have worked out any better; I spent the ENTIRE day with @TonyLightfoot and Swiss Pro Slalom on the big screen. Thanks guys for all your efforts to share some great skiing with us!

• Baller

@TonyLightfoot I started watching from the beginning, I live in Geneva and the whole webcast was really really great and "man alive" !!!! finally we had some great interviews with skiers. It was really nice to hear more about Dane etc...and the mix between you and Drew was awsome too, it was "organized" Drew would say !!!!

Super job and looking forward for the next ones

Quality was really good here in Geneva !!!!

• Baller

A lot to unpack here -

Next webcasts:

U.S. Jnr. Open + Pro Team Challenge - Oconomowoc, Wisconsin (June 28-30)

San Gervasio Pro-Am - San Gervasio, Italy (July 5-7)

Malibu Open: French Edition - Lacanau, France (July 9-11)

Those are the ones that are confirmed at this time - more will be added when details are finalized.

Thanks for the compliments - certainly makes a change from what I've had to endure in recent years. It certainly helps when the task of setting up and running a webcast of this nature is done by a team of great folks (Vincent, John, Charlie, Greg, Ricky,Noah - apologies if I left anyone off), leaving me to actually focus more on my commentary and on-screen graphics product and less on troubleshooting.

Speaking of Hot Summer Nights - we are compiling the footage as we speak and are aiming to have the footage re-aired on a major satellite sports channel in Europe, so be on the lookout for that in the coming days/weeks.

Thanks again and keep on watching!!!

Tony Lightfoot

TWSBC

• Baller

Hey, guys. I just got done appearing on the Streaming Idiots webshow hosted by Tom Sinclair - a popular show among those involved with producing live webcast content. The discussion was all about the recent Swiss Pro Slalom and the innovation used to pull it off.

Check it out at: