Thoughts on 1999 ski centurion eclipse 21’ open bow

pjnyk

Looking at picking up a 1999 centurion eclipse 21’ with the 330 merc black scorpion. I’m big on footing and slalom but occasionally surf and wakeboard. How’s this boat go for barefooting/slalom. How is it in general? Looking for any opinions. Cheers

• Baller
Assuming it has been well cared for, I have to disagree with @LoopSki, I owned and skied that exact same boat and engine and it was a great slalom and footing craft. Really nice small wakes with very little spray, tracking isn't like a 99 SN but with some rudder torque it's very drive-able. You might want to try different props for footing..... I went with a 4 blade for the course but have heard that an ACME 3 is better for footing. Good size bow seating (if you need that) and some handy storage in the back. This was a 'sleeper' ---- the first comment I would consistantly get when someone new skied behind this boat was "Wow, nice wake".

• Baller

Agree with Rawski. Have hundreds of rides behind one. Not a fast hill design but great wakes. Small and soft. Great family boat.

People with different weights and approaches foot at very different speeds. If your one of the higher speed footers then hull speed be a larger issue than it would be fir sone others.

• Baller

Yes they are great boats,

Great: slalom wake is very small and really really good, interior layout great with open bow and space, ski locker holds skis, and there is storage under the pass seat.

Good: tracking is not as well as 196 but still good. The troughs in the wakes are slightly deeper than the 196. Do get some spray at shorter lines if you don't have the weight level in the boat.

Overall -really this boat slalom wakes is up there with the best of them and is overlooked, this is the pre- Carbon Pro boat. It also has a nice compact windshield for skiing around the boat!

@EricW @Cent @RAWSki Thanks guys, appreciate your opinions. Now I’ve typically skied behind a ‘94 PS205, how would these two compare? Also looking at a ‘97 PS205, I know they changed the hull in 96’ so any opinions on that as a ski/footing boat? Thanks in advance