RX Glasses For Skiing

• Baller
I use Oakley Hydrophobic Lens Cleaner. I apply after every two sets. It comes in a small bottle with a felt tip applicator. I coat both sides of the lenses and then wipe the lenses with the cleaning cloth after about five minutes. I’ve had good luck with that. You can also buy products from dive shops made to apply to dive masks. I personally am more comfortable with these products than rain X which is not intended for use near the eyes.

• Baller

I’ve been looking at floating RX glasses for skiing but have backed out several times since many places can’t guarantee that they will float with stronger prescriptions.

What brands are people using? What is your correction and do they float?

Sorry for the thread hijack @MickeyThompson

• Administrators
I've been wearing clear floating construction glasses for years. The crap on the lenses is distracting for a few ski rides and then really you just forget it's there. I do a very half-assed job of keeping them clean and sometimes it's sort of bothers me around the island but once I pull out for the gates it's like the water spots are not there. In other words I suggest you do nothing just ski in them.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller_
+1 for what Horton is saying. Been wearing some form or another of eye wear for couple decades. After a while u just don't notice like the windshield on your car. Some kinds of plastic lenses don't play nice with RainX by the way. Believe it or not, best cleaner is Lemon Pledge for plastic lenses. Quick mist of the stuff on both sides of lenses and a wipe with a microfiber rag/towel and the lenses are clean with a thin wax on them. Water does not exactly stream off but it's 1000x better. Water clings to dirt, grease, grime, and old water spots. Just touching the lense with clean fingers will cause water spots to cling. Pledge is dirt cheap and will last many seasons. Good stuff.