Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

Distance From Center - Episode 21 (Spring Pro Events - Ed Brazil - Nate Smith)

• Baller
Thank you guys for tackling the tough topics. There is such limited news in our sport these days and so much rumor that your site and these video pod casts have become one of the few places to get reliable information. Kuddos for not delving into the web of rumors and keeping it classy. Seems like most big news sources can learn something from @Horton and @TFIN!

• Baller
On one hand the Nate Smith thing is kind of unsettled/uncertain so we should not judge. On the other hand BOS seems to want him not too unequivocally, to be cleared. As asides to every comment about the current SafeSport proceedings, there is usually a kicker offered, that we should hope to our hearts that this is not true. And some call it a hunt or an inquisition or other terms that imply bias against our fellow skier. Being a talented slalom skier is one thing. What he might have done (criminally) does not have much to do with how far down the line he can run. It is something totally separate, which can have lasting impacts on the people whom he might have taken advantage of due to a position of power/influence (or physically). It is very hard for any young woman to come forth in these circumstances. If anyone doesn't understand that, watch the Larry Nassar documentaries (USA Gym Dr.). I won't say I have made any judgement. I want to see all the facts, and to see Nate - no matter how great he is at 41 off - be able to speak up on his behalf, and for the case to go through Arbitration. I do not care/hope if he is guilty or not guilty because he is a great skier. That is irrelevant. What if he couldn't ski 15 off? Would you think he should be cleared if all the information available were available? That is a question to ask yourself. I support women's rights (and I am a man) and find the general undertone of support, because he is a skier, kind of frightening.