Goode Revolution...Crack or not crack?

IronR1

• Baller

Hi Ballers,

I need your opinion on the photos below, for you it is a crack or just a wrinkle in the paint?

For Goode Customers service it's a wrinkle not splinters or crack...but I didn't see this default before my first set on the ski!

gf2no90c33pr.jpg

l7bbg8yu6aru.jpg

23kxz81vvtqy.jpg

• Baller

It's not critical regardless. Some skis have fin slots that go all the way back. There's no load there. That is a MINOR cosmetic blemish. Who looks at their skis that closely? The screen on my phone has more defects. Just ski it and enjoy it.

On second thought, the ski is shot. Send it to me for proper disposal.

Eric

• Baller

@eleeski IMO when you bought a ski 2000$ you don't want to have a cosmetic blemish on your ski. It's also a problem to sell it the day you want to change it.

But again the MAJOR problem for me is that the ski had nothing before the first set, I spent enough time to adjust the fin before to be sure.

• Baller
Most Goodes have imperfections like this, they are sprayed finished by hand, no fancy vinyl wrap. Every time I buy a new one think of this $2000 for a ski with imperfections but they ski damn good!

• Baller
@skialex I like these skis! I had several Goode before that one: 9600, 9800, Nano One XT, XTR, I have never seen before that on any of these skis. As it happened after a set, I'm afraid it's a structural problem, not only cosmetic.

• Baller

@IronR1 I had most models after 9500 and have seen this before, just cosmetic to my opinion. I wouldn’t worry about structure. I would ski it and if starts developing to a crack I would then send it back and ask for a new one, not repaired one. Not for a $2000 ski. Personally if it was my ski I wouldn’t worry about a sudden failure, not only there is enough material around the tail but the fin box also holds it together.

• Baller

@jimski same issue with my 9600.

@Ipskier, not a problem of DFT, it was a Whisperfin, and DFT done with a caliper. Maybe not a good idea to try the ski directly with this fin but that's another problem!

@Drago ski sent back to Goode who will repaint it, we'll see if it starts again...I hope not, shipping between Europe and USA is expensive ... and for me!!!

• Baller_

Looks to me like a blemish or even a factory repair of a blemish. Either way I would assume that the manufacturer would replace it if it was new and the buyer was dissatisfied with the product.

Skis crack, skis break but I dont think that this imperfection will cause any issues. Might want to take a little 400 grit sand paper and smooth it out if you wind up keeping it. Who knows it could be the magic ski!!

• Baller
Looks like a crack to me when you zoom in. Shoot, Performance replaced a Radar for me with a blem on the top of the ski. They had to get the replacement from the factory and had it drop shipped to my house. The problem you will have is trying to sell it to the next owner!