1989 Malibu Skier Euro F3

Muppetman420

• Baller
So the engine is a Mercruiser 305 from a stern drive. Thunderbolt Ignition. Electric timing and a moderate aftermarket intake. Model is MCM. I also have two other engines that may go into it next year. One im rebuilding right now is called a black scorpion. It hit 750 hours and i think it would be perfect fit. The engine that i put in it runs so good its unbelievable. I broke my throttle cable onthe first lake test but already got a new one. Routed my shift cable and throttle cable differently. The story behind this boat is I found it sitting next to a dairy. I paid 400 dollars for it. It had all interior pieces and the engine was in pieces. Someone took out the merc 350. I had an extra welder sitting around and i sold it for 3000 and turned around and bought this 305 that has now 70 hours on it. I put that in the boat and had David Telling shop do the alignmemt to the engine. My stringers were still good and the only reason why is because they had stacked bags of cement and yard trash inside the boat. Someone had also shot the window out with a shotgun. Trust me when i first got the boat home mywife wanted to kill me. Never buy a boat for 400 dollars and bring it home while your father in law is visiting. It takes arguing to a whole new level. Lmao but i can go on for days. But thats the story ina short version.

• Baller

I out ran an outboard with a mercury engine on it. After the guy who was in that boat well we were both loading the boats up. He went parked his boat and came to see wtf i had in mine. Suprised the hell out of me. I sure wouldnt mind getting video of it

• Baller
Thats what i was thinking. Gps should really tell you how fast your going. And thanks ididnt really do much to make it looklike that. Just took my time. These boats are classics for sure. I want to get me a sunsettter if ican find one. Since i have an extra engine. Also does anyone know about the mtk monster wakeboard tower. Seems i cant find one under 1300

• Baller_

@Muppetman420

Might want to get a GPS app and go check your speed again. 305 ci in a euro=55 mph. Probably not. The reason I say that is I repowered one with a ex 330 e-control 5.7/350 , max speed on GPS was 47mph. Repowered the boat again with a carby 351-w because owner found a low budget bubble butt and we put the excalibur in that. Euro with the Ford tapped out at 42 and some change.

• Baller
Don't listen to those 'non-tower' guys. It's your boat, do to it what you want. If you plan on wake boarding a tower is a must. Personally I have a 01 Sunsetter lxi and I love how it looks with the tower. When I see sunsetters without the tower it looks like they are missing something

• Baller

See that's how i feel mine is missing something. I'll buy tyre tower this winter maybe cheaper. I spent alot on what i needed to go camping and stuff and ill save again for the tower. But i got to get a bimini. Cause without it man. Its hot af. Heres picture of my gf snap with the speed of the boat.. .3f6kth3j52gg.jpg

• Baller
@Muppetman420 the restoration looks great. Just remember the hull design, transmission, and props on these boats were never designed for speed. They were designed for tracking and pulling; strong consistent pull. Top speed is likely to be low to mid 40s. Speed in your pic states km/hr which is 34 mph . Perfect skiing speed.

• Baller
Mounting a tower to your boat may cause serious cracking in the fiberglass and gel coat because the boat wasn’t designed for that. Boats with factory towers are reinforced in the mounting area to withstand the pressure from the tower during usage whereas yours isn’t. It’s your choice but I’ve seen a few after towers have been installed, I’d hate to see you regretting your decision. They make pylon extenders (Skylon) if you’re wanting to use it for wake boarding and such.

I bought this 1990 Euro F3 in July of 2018 with this Monster MTK tower on it. I'm not really a tower guy but my kids Wakeboard. The MTK looks the best that i have seen on these boats. the guy who installed it put stainless brackets on the boat and the used some extra backing on the underside to stop the Fiberglass from Cracking out.y6k2edcs6vmi.jpg

• Baller
Well i can say your right it isnt made to with stand it. Im also a stainless steel fabricator and had thought about what i would reinforce it with. Ive been thinking of a couple ways buti will need to do that. And i gotta say wow thats what i wanted. The MTK monster tower. It just looks so cool unlike anyother boat. Im planning on buying a late model malibu boat soon that has been wrecked and the engine and everything onthere are still good. Fuel injected. Touch screen. I want to put it all on my boat. As michas ican fabricate to fit. Wxcept for the ballasts and things. But will see soon if those parts will be on my boat. If I can find time is the big question. So for now i bought these and a boat cover. Going to purchase a cheap bamini for now for this weekend. B.O.A.T bust out another thousand (:

• Baller
I may use the tower only for speakers and still use the pylon even if its reinforced. Im still not sure about the tower. Will see i got a long time to think about it. But for now the basics work just fine. Nice boat though for sure. Thanks for the picture.