Looking for Feedback on Radar Pro Build ?

Stevie Boy

• Baller

Hi Guy,s currently skiing on a 2017 Pro Build, I know that not everybody got on with this ski, but I quite like it, but I do have a question which revolves around the sweet spot on the 2017 compared to the 2018/19.

When I am skiing well on the 2017 and manage to find that sweet spot in the turn, the ski is awsome, problem being that everything has to be right to find it, so sometimes consistency suffers.

I am thinking of buying the 2018/19 Pro Build, what I am asking is the sweet spot easier to find in the turn than the ski that I am currently on.

Would appreciate comments that are geuine and not just flying the flag for Radar or though I think that their product and customer service is one of the best.

• Baller
I have never been on a 2017, but the 2018 once you get the offside dialed it is effortless. I now have the 2019 and it is phenomenal to ski on. Offside is better, the new layup makes it finish the turn even better and earlier than the 2018 and is super fast. I am a very inconsistent skier, and the 2019 makes it very easy to have consistent passes and set PB’s. Go for the 2019.

• Baller

@BraceMaker even weight on both feet in the turn and you are in heaven, slighly forward or back pressure on the ski it still turns but you do not get to feel the love at the end of the turn, when you get it right it is sensational, the approach to the ball makes or breaks it for me.

I pretty much agree with @"Keith Menard"

• Administrators

@Stevie Boy I had a love / hate thing for the 2018 when it first came out. I think this was mostly because of the settings. I have been on a 2019 this spring and it is freaking great with the settings I am running now.

67"

29 7/8

I like it even better with the bindings back another 8th but need to maybe add a touch of depth with the bindings there.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller_

I have a 19 blue pro build. Love the ski. Utilizing the short and deep fin set up.

Ski turns very well and builds and carries great direction through the wakes. Set it up as per factory specs little or no further adjustments it should work very well.

• Baller

@horton what was the hate part, I'm having a similar problem? I started with the long shallow w/ boots at 30 1/8. Then the short deep w/ boots 30. I'm on a 67" 2018 probuild

Ski felt faster with long shallow but the off side was very unpredictable, I was having to make big safe offside turns then make it up on my onside. Tip was grabbing and out the fronts at the buoy.

The short deep setting helped with the offside but the buoy count is down. Your back another 1/8" then considering another 1/8".

• Baller
To this day I remain convinced it is hard to generically talk about how a particular make and model of ski "skis" when it has an adjustable fin and holes to adjust bindings. Especially after buying and reading SkiJay's book. Horton's post only reinforced that thought.

• Baller
@Chris Rossi I tried a 67" Senate Pro with boots at 30.5 and stock fin settings. I liked it so got me thinking. I put my boots at 30 1/4 and the Senate fin settings on 2018 Vapor Pro. It was hunting some. I move the boots back to 30 1/8 and that was the best yet. Offside turn was very comfortable with no tip grab after 2 days with 3 sets. Fin 2.465, 6.960, .775, 9