Lake camera and wind instrument

bmurbs

Looking for recommendations! Our club wants to install a lake camera and probably a weather station so we can check conditions before heading to the lake. We have power at mounting location and what to do this wireless and real time. What's best set up?

Second, is Weather Underground best place to share the video and data for members to check?

• Baller

For weather, I have an Acurite weather station and one of their "Access" gateways that enable connection to Weather underground. Here is a LINK to the weather underground connection. They also have an app that can be accessed from a smart phone which allows you to hit your station directly. Here are a couple screen shots from mine. I also have a sensor on the dock that gives me water temp on my phone app. Overall I would give the weather station a B-, as it seems to lose connection to the base station a lot and the water temp sensor a C-, as they lose connection more often and only seem to last three or four months before they start giving crazy reading and have to be replaced. Here are a couple screen shots of the app.

ot1bcpemicki.jpg

5jei50s049za.jpg

For cameras, I highly recommend THIS camera. Although it is a little pricey, it has an amazing mechanical (not digital) zoom and if there is any moon at all, it is almost like daylight even in the middle of the night. (perfect solution for those suffering from course vandalism.) There are also no "cloud" providers to deal with, you simply open a port on your router and access it directly. There are several phone apps that make it easy to access, my preference is "IPCam Viewer". The free version works fine. Here are three photos. The first is zoomed all the way wide, the second is zoomed in, notice the turn island lower left that is approx. 1/4 mile away. The third is a nighttime shot, actually at moonset, with the moon higher the image would have been much better.

6ar9lr7k1ap2.jpg

chugxqnuza2w.jpg

pgrdia9ymdkc.jpg

• Baller

@skiinxs that is an impressive camera.

Anybody have suggestions for a camera and weather station to run on 12 volts? I can get WIFI to my boat lift with a range extender, but I would need to run the equipment off a battery and solar panel.

• Baller

0adtdotjo9sl.png

We have a camera at two sites I ski at that runs on a 4g card that can run either mains power or 12v. We run one of them off a solar panel with a timer to come on at different parts of the day, the other on mains power that runs 24/7. It has 10x optical zoom and pans 300°. Very affordable and reliable. An easy app to use that you can swipe across for panning and zooming. Also has night vision.

Outdoor Camera