but plugs?

Keith_Menard

• Baller
Years ago, I left some plugs in for 6 or 7 years. When I went to change them, 2 were seized in the head and twisted off when I tried to remove them. Boat ran fine, but that's too long. Now I use an anti-sieze compound everytime I change plugs.

• Baller_
Way overkill. I think the last plug change I did was around 1000 hrs and they could have easily gone longer. Maybe on a 1970s era motor every few hundred hours would be appropriate but on modern engines plugs can go a long time. Most cars recommend changing plugs at 100,000 miles.

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

• Baller

Don’t know how it is on your boat, but on my Response the plugs are super easy to get to. I change them about every 300 hours and keep the old ones just in case. Usually the old plugs still look perfectly fine.

If I would be worried about seizing, I would just remove them, put antiseize on the threads and put them back in.

• Baller

I don't know how I am going to top myself on the thread title. I appreciate the input, I think I will wait one more season on the plugs, I think I only put 100 or so hours on and I did change them last year.

I installed some heated seats for the passenger side, of course after I finished the wiring I decided I want to give Perfect Pass a main line to the battery, so I will be putting in a relay and redoing it...but a few more hours and some clean up and hopefully I will be ready to go. Oh, also replacing one of my paddle wheels with a temp sensor so I can know how cold the water is at all times :)

oeti75fg0x8g.png

m35b1qf5ib9a.png