but plugs?

Keith_Menard

• Baller
Years ago, I left some plugs in for 6 or 7 years. When I went to change them, 2 were seized in the head and twisted off when I tried to remove them. Boat ran fine, but that's too long. Now I use an anti-sieze compound everytime I change plugs.

• Baller
Way overkill. I think the last plug change I did was around 1000 hrs and they could have easily gone longer. Maybe on a 1970s era motor every few hundred hours would be appropriate but on modern engines plugs can go a long time. Most cars recommend changing plugs at 100,000 miles.

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

Don’t know how it is on your boat, but on my Response the plugs are super easy to get to. I change them about every 300 hours and keep the old ones just in case. Usually the old plugs still look perfectly fine.

If I would be worried about seizing, I would just remove them, put antiseize on the threads and put them back in.

I don't know how I am going to top myself on the thread title. I appreciate the input, I think I will wait one more season on the plugs, I think I only put 100 or so hours on and I did change them last year.

I installed some heated seats for the passenger side, of course after I finished the wiring I decided I want to give Perfect Pass a main line to the battery, so I will be putting in a relay and redoing it...but a few more hours and some clean up and hopefully I will be ready to go. Oh, also replacing one of my paddle wheels with a temp sensor so I can know how cold the water is at all times :)

oeti75fg0x8g.png

m35b1qf5ib9a.png