Extremely sad news - Ed Brazil

Horton

• Baller_

My life long buddy Ed we will miss you. One of the most brilliant minds I’ve ever had the privilege to know.

So much waterski history. So much love for the game. A get it done guy. Not to be forgotten.

• Baller

I never met him but he gave so much of himself to the sport of water skiing and did a lot of the hard lifting during the pro-tour era and earlier days. I always looked forward to Ed's posts because he was the biggest encyclopedia on water skiing on the face of the Earth. I learned a lot from him.

R.I.P. Ed Brazil. You will be missed even by those you never knew.

• Baller
That's very sad news. I was his water guy for setting courses for several pro tour events, which was fun work. My lasting memory of him is standing behind the total station with a pile of empty beer and soda cans around him. A legend lost...

• Baller
Oh man that is so sad. Never met the guy but he was always heavily involved in Waterski Magazine (Regular issues and Boat Buyers Guides), Pro Tour events, etc. Obviously a top mover and shaker on the Waterski scene for just about ever! RIP Ed.

• Baller
Every time someone mentions installing a course or having to survey their course, I think of Ed. Just yesterday my ski partner was mentioning re-digging a lake and having to re-survey the course, and I thought of Ed. I never met him but it sure feels like I did. I think I “awesomed” every one of his posts. He really was awesome.

• Baller

Oh no, I am so very sorry to hear this. I used to really enjoy Ed's posts. When you read them, not only could you tell that he was a great guy, but I always felt he was the keeper of the history of our sport. His stories and memories always brought a smile to this skier's face!

Long may you run Ed!

• Baller

Met him only once at a pro meet in the 80’s.

The whole setup crew bowed to his knowledge and expertise. I remember Ed being so friendly and personable to everyone he met.

While we wish him rest, I’m sure he’s in his happy place setting up the best courses and seeing the results.

• Baller
Whenever I had an issue with my course he came out to shoot it and straighten things out. We will be lost without him. Most fond memory was in 2007 he reshot my course and installed 55s and moved some turn balls - after we sat in my kitchen drinking beers and telling stories. He always asked about how things were going with my course at every tournament I saw him at. Really enjoyed his company. Definitely a loss to many, especially to us who knew him well up in New England