Nautique 200 5.7 difference with switch to single puck

EricKelley

• Baller
I have a friend with a 5.7 liter powered Nautique 200 who is not on the board who wanted opinions on how much the switch from the 2 Garmin pucks to the Single puck made on this boat. He has heard that it changes the 5.7 more than the 6 Litre powered boats? I have a 15 6 litre and it did not change the boat at all as far as I could tell.

• Baller

What the Single Puck allowed was to be able to Download Rev. "S". This Tremendously changed the pull on my CC 200 6L for the better. Especially the plus settings, which are totally different from the previous plus settings in Rev. R. So much smoother hookup and release using plus, no matter what letter or number you use it in. I have never been pulled up out of position with the New Plus, and use to get pulled up hard, out of position with the old system, quite frequently.

• Baller

I just changed my 2011 5.7 200 to RevS single puck. I would say it is "spunkier" I guess. Different, better, but not dramatic. I would agree smoother hookup and release yet more "go" also. It's good, worth it. I'm well over 200lbs, C1, 34/55, -28 to -38. Haven't played around with the + settings yet. C1 is what I used before and feels really good, better on RevS.

Side note on the 2011 200's there are no plugs in the boats harness so it has to be spliced in.

• Baller

Thanks BRY I will pass it on. I would think the increased frequency of speed data would help the 5.7 more than the 6 liter but sometimes things don't make sense. He just is searching for more reasons to drop the money for the switch. Kyle is a big guy that flexes the pylon inches when he skis. I think the rev S with the plus in his boat would be the ticket for him.

K I don't know why? All he thinks about is skiing and he is dag gone good at it. He would be a natural for BOS.

• Baller

Just back from a week at ski school and they were suggesting + on RevS for most of the students. I usually ski B2, now on B3+. What I felt was smoother transitions between the boat being on me and letting me loose. Actually changed back to a boat with a diff version of ZO and ran B2 again. Could really feel the difference then.

You can really hear the engine change RPM when the skier is loading/unloading the boat, similar to the old "ZO gassing" sound, but the feel was not the same.

My ZO upgrade is in the mail. I liked it.

• Baller

A technical question...

I currently have the dual puck ZO system. (2010 Malibu Response, original factory install.)

I’d love to upgrade to the ECI single puck and the latest ZO version.

What does the upgrade involve?

My understanding is, that I need the new puck + harness ($450), the software upgrade for the HU to work with the single puck and the latest ZO software ($50)

Question is - can my “old” HU be flashed to work with the single puck or do I need a new HU as well?

• Members
It would be interesting to hear anyone else's feedback on moving to the single puck. We have an older '07 SN 196 dual puck, running the original ZO software. (version Q) Its a great pull, but over the past 2 yrs not only mine but our other club skiers scores are down from previous yrs. Can't quite put a finger on it, but trying to get dialed in this yr. Obviously newer boats will tow different and wakes have changed, but wondering with a short set up, if the newer puck and software would engage sooner and improve our scores behind the newer boats. Someone was mentioning entry gate speed.

• Baller

The way it was explained to me, the single puck will track more satellites, and respond much quicker. The way mine reacts, I believe that to be true. The New Plus setting has given me the greatest pull I ever have experienced.

Another way to think of it, if you are a Plus Size skier, then you NEED the New Plus System !!!