ZO vs PP for Trick

Sanderwouters

Hi all,

Skied behind a 196 nautique with PP almost all my life. Now changing to a Mastercraft 210 VRS, it has no cruise control yet. My question is, what brand and which model has the advantage if i'm almost only tricking? Preference goes out to the basic PP version cause that is the cheapest and i know how to use it.

Would love to hear your input,

Thanks in advance,

Sander

• Baller
@Sanderwouters, if you are trick skiing in a current then hands down you want a PP system with a paddle wheel. Not sure if they even "officially" offer that from PP anymore, but I'm thinking they would if you asked for it as they are very helpful in my experience.

• Baller

PP Classic with a paddlewheel is as good as ZO for serious tricking.

Without the paddlewheel, every PP I've tricked behind has been unskiable. RPM based is worthless with 2mph variations in speed for a weak old guy like me. GPS alone just doesn't respond fast enough to give a decent pull. Whatever you do, get a paddlewheel!

PP Classic with a switch and a really savvy driver is almost as good as ZO for slalom. Zbox is OK for slalom but still not the same as ZO. Real jumpers won't jump behind PP.

ZO is magic - use C settings. Worth the money?

Eric