Painfully late start to the season in NH

jercrane

• Baller

Man I think it's going to be a really late start to our season up here in NH. Killing me.

This was the view from our "dock" (which isn't in yet) on Monday.

8goadtylnesd.png

Average ice out date since 1978 on our lake is 4/16. Latest ever was 5/4.

Making me think I might need to get on a plane if this drags into May.

• Baller
I feel your pain. Latest start for me here in NW Illinois in 20+ years due to harsh late winter weather and high water. But it was only about 4-6 weeks late in regards to the typical first outing. Water has to be manageable to get my track and dock installed so I can get my boat out of the boathouse.

• Baller

Yeah the snow ski season was amazing this year in VT and NH. Still going strong And I expect the big resorts like Killington and Sugarbush to go into May this year.

Got 38 days on the snow this year with a lot of powder days which is not the norm for around here.

I am fully satisfied on the snow season and ready for the Lake!

• Baller
Hm, I think some of you are remembering past seasons through rose-colored glasses. In Natick MA, we got in a little open water skiing on each of the last two weekends, which is right on the average for getting started here. Yeah, the weather has sucked in April for the most part, but No, that is not unusual if you're dumb enough to live in New England.

• Baller

Got the boat out of storage and skied Pleasant today. Glass, with all the ice drifted to one end. Water is 45. Not bad at all with the O'Neil Fluid Neo. Air was 64, so no brain freeze. @jercrane come on over!

sttrbv3ovizf.jpg

ildm4ke47ig2.jpg