Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

I guess International wakesurf is now a thing

Horton

• Baller
But it's so much fun! Drink beer and listen to rasta music at 130db while wrecking your local lakes shoreline and causing chaos. Plus no skill required. What could be more fun for you and your rowdy crew of 20 or so like minded folks?

• Administrators
What you guys are missing is that IWWFED is now trying to promote wake surf competition of their own. As with wakeboard there's already a successful organization with membership with World Championships and pro events.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

USAWSWS has adopted the definition/term "towed water sports" a while back. While a lot of recreational activity can be lumped into that, I don't see wake surfing in the same category. I agree with @Than_Bogan that this seems ripe for no-wake zone rules, etc. Maybe the primary issue is guilt by association since all the major 3-event boat companies make wake surfing boats or accessories,

That said, except that it's cool to be trendy, I have no idea why IWWF would roll this into the fold.

• Baller
Nothing against the sport. Cool for inlanders. Just think there needs to be some solid thought put into where it can be done. Offshore, big bays and big lakes, far enough away from damage and disruption.