Here's your chance to move south and ski year-round

Kelvin

• Baller

My mortgage payment now wouldn't touch the monthly electric bill for the one a few doors down. Well, maybe the one for the garage.

I really wish I could take Kelvin up on this. His place is REALLY nice. Someone will get a fantastic home. Unfortunately, Sallee won't even let me move a mile away due to the change in school districts. I have lost control of my life.

• Baller
@Hallpass If you figure that the average sell price for one of these lots is in the $200k-250K range, what Kelvin is asking is a nice deal. You can't build that house for $125 a square foot(with the lot subtracted). @Horton just sell your place and go ahead and move the little one and the bug lady to Texas. We got bugs here for her to play with.

• Baller
@rimodico Well, to some extent I might agree with you, but you need to understand the history of this site in the Houston area. At the time of its development, it was the 6th competitive water ski development in the area and most of the skiers in the area that might have ideas similar to yours already had their ski situation set, by joining a club or owning in another community . As a result, the developer loosened the rules on what boats/activities were allowed to broaden the market. Regardless, when its your turn on the water, you can use it anyway you want without interference from your neighbors. Likewise, your neighbor has similar rights. What others are doing when its their turn on the water has had no effect on my ability to enjoy the lakes to the fullest as the world class 3-event facility that is the Lakes of Katy.

• Baller

if someone wants to float the boat by 3ball for 15 minutes and catch some rays , who cares !

i would find it hard to believe that in any multi lake ski community ,all homeowners are 3event skiers. i live on a single lake , community and not all are. myself i slalom and occasionally trick,skate and barefoot. my kids like to tube, kneeboard ,wakeboard and ski. it would be a hard sell to any family if the lake is restricted to 3 event only.

@rimodico if that's the type of lake you want to live on, you may have to dig your own and be the sole homeowner!

• Baller

@LoopSki @Kelvin thanks for your comments, I now gather that you have some time assigned to use the lake by yourself, and you use it based on your interest whatever that might be. How does that work from a time of day basis? Is my time fixed from 8am to 8.15am all the time as an example? I only ski in public lakes and the private ones I know are 3-event exclusively

The picture about the big round tube I saw cought my attention as a contrast to @Kelvin initial post of a 3-event site

• Baller
At Lakes of Katy, anyone can use the lakes anytime they want. If a lake is busy, you just wait your turn at the end of the lake. 99+% of the time there will be another lake open so you really don’t have to wait. In the 15 years I’ve owned property here, all 4 lakes have been in use with someone waiting only a handful of times.