• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Baller

@skiboyny @Windsurfnut @keithh2oskier

I set 1ball at 20. Then I re-auto calibrated; originally my baseline was 3445, and @keithh2oskier’s was 3385. It came out at 3420 and runs at 3420/3410 in the course.

I haven’t had time to check any times but it’s never skied better.

• Baller

It looks like I’m getting pretty close on settings. Iooks like it’s maintaining speed well without surging.  all my times look slightly fast, so I think it’s slowing ball 6 to exit gate. Does it make sense to adjust ball 1 and ball 3 setting down a little? 

IMG_8804.jpeg

• Baller

Thanks @Windsurfnut  I'll give that try.  I was thinking similar,  but was going to try a lowering ball 1 setting a little to see if that will bring the 0 time segment to .00.  I expect to have to then raise B3 slightly.  Overall I think it's getting very close Just a little more tuning and I should have it locked in.

If anybody is still following this thread my boat is an 89 falcon 351w carbed. OJ CNC prop which was a huge performance gain, electronic ignition and stainless exhaust pipes (I was surprised at the performance gain of the pipes).  It runs really good for what it is.  KX is set to ++ and i'm running a pretty high Zbox setting of 17.  Short set ups don't seem to be an issue,  locks onto set speed and settles in right away.   It's not ZO but I mean it's a pretty good pull with this setup. I did notice that using B2+ has different background settings and it did run pretty decent ball times right out of the box with no runaway thru the middle of the course. So if you don't want to mess with tuning you can always give that a try.  I opted to tune because I wanted a stronger response from Zbox to see if I could get it feeling closer to ZO,  and because I just can't seem to leave "good enough" alone.  

• Like 3