Boat Mate trailer problems Ski Nautique 200 OB

DSP

• Baller
Thank you for your input. I’ll try some of these recommendations. I’ve called the Boat Mate trailer warranty department multiple times since 2016, most recently this winter when they said they were working on a retro fit. I’ve been pretty disappointed in their service / attention. Perhaps Ramlin does it right?

• Baller
Not a fix for all of the trailers I see. Did they remove bunks? Because I believe the model that @DSP has has a 'V' type set of bunks at the very center meeting where that roller is. I have the trailer version that has two sets of bunks - two on the outer sides from the middle to the very back of the trailer and two in the inside that run from just in front of the small chines in the front of the boat to about the wheels of the trailer. That trailer looks new with the fix already done to it. Not a retro. Or am I mistaken?

• Baller
Pat M, you are right, my trailer has bunks where BobE has a roller. I know with a gray hull it shows marks more than white so I had the hull cleaned up this off season and I’d like to avoid more hull gel coat touch ups by getting the trailer fixed or figured out ASAP.

• Baller
I noticed at Swiss WS Resort they had both Ramlins and Boat Mate. Ramlins for the new SN and Boat Mates for the 200s. However, I don’t think they trailer much at all.

• Baller
I didn’t know there was drama between companies. I thought the dealers usually made the trailer decisions and noticed Ramlins in some parts of the country and Boatmates elsewhere.

• Baller
Ramlin stopped making trailers for Correct Craft direct for just over a year. Yes trailers are typically defined by region. I was just wondering if you knew for sure the Ramlin was for the new SN (2019 I’d assume) or just taking a gamble. Boatmate is really getting the market concerned with their “less expensive” trailer

• Baller

I misspoke. Swiss had Ramlins for the 200s, Boatmate for the SN.

I thought if Ramlin was doing it better than BM, and if I could get a Ramlin without problems vs waiting for BM to get things resolved, I’d at least look into it.

That roller idea on BobE’s looks interesting. I wonder if it lifts the bow when the trailer is deeper than the v Style I have. It would be nice to drive it on without catching, cranking and adjusting the trailer depth.