What is the benefit of upgrading to a single puck in ZO?

skinut

• Baller

@skinut....Good question...The Plus has the advantage of picking you up off the ball more gently and releasing you the same way. The harder you load it, the faster it shoots you across, without penalty. I used to get pulled up to quickly and hard off the ball sometimes, destroying the pass. That has never happened with the plus, even at C3 Plus. It seems to favor short hard pulls, and doesn't seem to like easier long pulls. Pulling long will make you fast at the apex. You always have the choice of using the system without the plus, which hasn't changed that much, just slightly more reactive.

Hope this helps...You need to try it, since it will be at all Tournaments this year.

• Baller
Im finding that I'm so used to my 2011 200 zero off that when I ski behind the rev s I'm totally lost and it takes a few frustrating sets to figure it out. I would love to upgrade but finding it hard to spent the $1000 CAD

• Baller_

I tried new rev S plus mode yesterday, (2009 6 liter 196). Was running B2 with Rev R now B2+ with rev S.

Need to get a few more sets in with it but I like what I am feeling with my skiing. i feel I can actually get off the handle and back on with out the boat taking it away. Also dont feel like the pick up off the buoy is as harsh as with rev R. Rev S plus seems to be softer on the pick up yet more progressive both on the pick up and the release..

does that make sense??

• Baller
I have made the conversion to Rev S on my 196 5.7 liter. I run C2+ or C3+. Have been skiing at Swiss behind the new Nautique (6.2) on C2. Today I tried C2+ and there is a significant difference from the old + mode in Rev R. Ran from 28 through 38 off and the driver, Patrice, noted the boat really revved when I loaded, but "almost backed up" when I did my edge change. It felt like I was completely free from the boat, more so than behind my 5.7 196. He did note that as the rope got shorter, the intensity of the revs seemed to decrease. He said it was really dramatic at 28 and 32, but declined at 35 and 38. He also noted that when I turned in for the gate, as I loaded, the engine really revved regardless of line length. Need a few more sets to get used to it, but no doubt the new Rev S is an improvement.