Warm Water Hands?

• Baller

Warm Soft Water can wreck your hands within two sets so tape from the getgo, Use sports tape, if you do not want to use tape, try hand mosturising lotion just before you put your gloves on.

I personally put nu-skin on my hands before applying tape so that it stays put, I use under gloves as well, I have also found that the Pro Gear Gloves seem to be kinder your hands than the Kevlar.

Everybody has expermented and have their own method for dealing with it, in Florida very rarely do I get away with no sores over a period of 12-20 days / 2 sets per day.

The main problem is that when your hands are sore it is very hard to concentrate on the skiing.

I really do not know what method the Pro's use, would be interesting to hear their point of view.

I do know at one time that Andy Mapple used to have quite a problem with it, he used to break open vitamin E capsules to rub the oil in to his hands.

• Baller

ivfrk5vpkf5s.jpeg

I use my dremel with this kind of sanding bits, go down to 5000 revs and sand off the calluses, combined with very tight gloves don’t have to use tape any more. Still carry tape with me just in case. Dremels that start at 10000 revs can burn your skin, need to be a bit careful with those.

• Baller

Bane of my existence. Water goes above 75, my hands go to mush.

Last year, I happened upon this tape.

I've tried sanding off calluses, SportSlick, duct tape, glove liners, palm savers, athletic tape... you name it.

This stuff has been a true gamechanger for me. It's soft and padded, yet tough. It will bunch up a little bit if you don't have it tight when you apply it, but it is strong.

• Baller

Started taping about 3 yrs ago on a trip to FL where I was going to be doing 2-3 sets a day in 90° water.

I use Duct tape, one stripe across the palm with top edge about 1/8” above the bottom of the skin webbing between my fingers, then 2 stripes downward in a slight “V” from top edge of tape across palm to bottom of palm. (I recommend to not ever wrap tape completely around your palm).

I used to get calluses, rip calluses, sand calluses, clip them and tear again.

Since I started taping I haven’t had 1 callus tear. My hands hurt less and I haven’t missed a set due to hand problems.

Key ingredient to success: I’ve found great results in applying the tape to Dry Hands. Although I often keep the original taping on for the second set, if I need to replace it, I dry my hands thoroughly to get good adhesion.

• Baller

Taping is important but when skiing multiple sets a day in warm water I rotate glove brands. Each brand or style of glove puts the pressure on different points of your hands.

Simple but it works. I rotate through stealth gloves and red tail 41s. I bought 10 pair of before they changed them.