Ultimate Ski Road Trip, looking for advice

jpattigr

• Baller

c44fw3yx83hf.png

My wife and I are heading out in our Sprinter Van RV and doing a long time idea of the "Ultimate Ski" road trip! We are planning to do a north half with Alpine skiing, Big Sky, Jackson Hole, Snowbasin, Alta, Snowbird and Taos. Then heading to Bennet's for a week of SL skiing. Heading to Nashville after that and will get a set with Swerve in Tn.

Any suggestions? Places to camp / park overnight along our route? Are we driving past any where that we need to ski? Water or Snow! Leaving next week and will take 5/6 weeks for our trip.

• Baller

Some of the ski resorts we picked are due to having a Mountain Collective pass, Powder mtn sounds awesome however!

@teammalibu, Where is Cedar ridge?

@LakeOneSkier Not going near Boise this trip, but we have a house in Sandpoint, Idaho and spend most of the summer skiing there, and Schweitzer in winter.

• Baller
If you shift your route from Santa Fe to Bennett's south through the Austin/San Marcos/Houston area, give me a shout. I can get you hooked up for a ski set or 2. Possibly including a ride behind my new Ski Nautique promo.

• Baller

We leave tomorrow and I will post a pic of the rig loaded and ready to go, Off to Montana and skiing Big Sky this week. so excited!

@teammalibu @Gar, we read up on Cedar ridge, sounds like an awesome lake, Wil do our best to meet up and ski with you! Will PM you as we get closer. Thanks

@adamhcaldwell , I think we will not make it that far over, another trip maybe needed

@Kelvin, Have been to Houston and even looked at SMRR lots when they first built, never been to Oklahoma or Ark. thus the route, need to tick some boxes!

• Baller

@TFIN, Have almost skied with you a few times! We ski at Predator Bay but always seem to miss your clinic's there and we were at Rosewater couple of summers ago, put ending up skiing with Terry Winter that day, who was awesome also BTW.

• Baller

@DSP We just skied at Big Sky last few days and camping tonight in Driggs and skiing at Jackson Hole on Monday. Will be in SLC Wed /Thursday ish but the forecast is not promising! We only brought Hot Tops and no full suits as planned the north half to be snow and south to warm and wet! I hear the snow is great at Snowbird / Alta however!

• Baller
Cat skiing at Targhee is incredible if they’re not fully booked. Snow here Tuesday-Friday. No problem finding a place to park in front of our place. Blue bird Saturday. Tomorrow is the only green light day waterskiing

• Baller
Been traveling now for close to 3 weeks! had a great snow trip down and ended up skiing at Big Sky, Snowbasin, Snowbird (24" in 24 hours) and Taos (loved Taos!). Had a windy trip trip across north Texas and got first set on water at Cottonwood with @jayski. Jay and his family are amazing and the lake and boat were perfect! Awesome way to start the season. Now at Bennett's and just had first day on water here! Been an awesome trip so far, and thanks to everyone for the advice and invites! Alana and I are overwhelmed by how nice ballers are!

• Baller

Camping in the parking lot at Swerve watersports in Hillsboro, TN and reflecting on our trip. The ski community is amazing, we pulled into @jayski 's place at Cottonwood and had our first sets of the season. Jay and Tracy welcomed us to their place and we left with new friends and a love of cottonwood! Can not say thanks enough or strong enough, it was amazing.

We then drove to Bennett's for a week of skiing, my wife's cousin and partner flew into join us, Amy came to learn how to ski and left on a Single ski. Shawn came to learn how to get up on one ski and ended up running the learning course. My wife had a huge week, Learned new tricks, SL technique improved and went off the Big jump (and landed) for the first time ever. My wife had never skied at all just 7 years ago, now a 3 event skier! Bennett's is a special place, Jay, Anne, Danyelle and Steve are like family, they are special people!

@teammalibu , Mike had posted that we should come to Cedar Ridge, so we did! Along our trip everyone kept telling us about how nice CR is, it was even off the charts! The whole family at the Ridge are amazing, Mike and Karen were hosts to us and we had never meet before, Bubba, Jim, Lonnie all were there skiing and adding extending the best southern hospitality.

We will be back to all 3 of these places (if they will have us back) and this trip has been proof that people are awesome!

Thanks!!!

Hey everyone!

You seem to be exactly the people we're looking for!

To get more information about the water skiing community as part of a student project, our group designed a survey.

So if you have 2 minutes to spare to help us out, please follow this link:

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=j7xkdTg3TUu9V1oCymIV-2ZywakiqnNNsOBF_g47tN5UMk40WlBIOFlUNTFMVk0wRVJEWE5aSjFURyQlQCN0PWcu

I also created a discussion with a little bit more information :)

https://www.ballofspray.com/forum#/discussion/25001/questionnaire-student-project-research

Roadtripping with waterskiing sounds like a super fun plan ? I hope everything will work out