'19 TXI & '19 SN Cost Difference

rockdog

• Baller
Just noticed on SIA two 2019 boats with 90hrs on each. The TXI 6lt at $61k and the SN 6.2lt at $102k. Whoa a $40k difference is unbelievable when you think about it. What's the SN going to give us apart from tuners that will make us spend $40k more?

• Baller
There are factual reasons why the Nautique is more expensive. Is it worth it? That is up to the buyer. The Malibu is a fine quality boat though. I am glad both these companies compete for our business. I will not discuss the reasons on the forum as it is perceived as biased bashing.

• Baller_

All I know is that I have friends with 20 year old Malibus and 20 year old Nautiques. Both seem to have the same reliability, integrity, and overall condition/appearance. I have no problem skiing or driving either.

Side note: I also have friends with 20-25 year old MasterCrafts. The same applies to them. (edited: I do have one exception: no 1998 Prostar 190s or others with the bad handling issues. I would avoid those, but not because of a reliability or integrity issue).

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
@rockdog, are you in the market for a boat or just speaking to the difference in price of the two mentioned boats? If you're in the market, I just looked at ski-it-again and in the First few listings is a 2018 SN 200 for $69k negotiable. See thread by @bkreis. Thread title 2018 200 FS. That's the boat to buy instead of either of the two you mentioned.

• Baller

These threads leave a lot of details out and they seem to me just like political discussions. Most people don't actually look at the actual information and already have a bias either way. All the manufactures make great boats and I like them all for different reasons. There is a lot of difference in cost between the 6.2l and the 6.0l in all manufactures. One is listed by a dealer and another by an individual (any vehicle is going to cost more from a dealer vs private party). Pricing also is determined by other factors, what other boats are available in the area or does the promo person have another boat sitting in the garage and needs to move this one fast. The title says 19 vs 19, the TXI ad says 2019 in the header, but the detailed description says 2018. So as normal we never compare apples to apples.

If you are actually in the market for a boat, go test them all and determine what is best for you (performance, options and price). If looking at new or promo, talk to your local Promo person. All the manufactures look for leads and it gives credit to the program whether you buy their promo or new.

• Baller
@rockdog wow, here we go again. You need to be comparing apples to apples. I bet the Ski Nautique has a 6.2 that is a huge cost option. The trick tanks are another, the Bimini top on a Nautique is much nicer and cost more then the Malibu. What about metal flake, heater, heated seats, Satellite radio, Panoray screen etc. Biggest factor of all, resale after a few years.

• Baller

@LeonL no I’m not buying and agree with you completely, I’d seen the thread on that 200 and would buy that in a heartbeat.

@skierjp apart from the engine cost difference which is obvious and pointed out straight away, they are apples/apples. One is a Malibu with options and the other a Nautique with options and they compete for our business with those particular models. Thanks for adding up $40k though with those things, I don’t how Will, Regina Tgas can compete with such an old relic to train behind ever day. ?

• Administrators

@rockdog yea I hear you but the readers of this site have cried and cried about the cost of the new Nautique. I am a MasterCraft guy and even I am sick of it.

I suggest we spend more time talking about how insanely good this boat is and what a crazy deal you can get on a Promo 19 with between 50 and 200 hours.

qsotff3mu0gu.jpg

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
@skierjp if Nautiques are pointing to the Bimini, heated seats, a screen, and flake as to why the boat is $40,000 more (I get the engine but that does not cost anywhere close to $40,000) that’s just ricdiculous. Everything you mentioned (minus the engine) MIGHT cost $15K on a build sheet

• Baller
Interesting on the 6.2 vs 6.0 vs 5.7 discussion. At Predator Bay (Calgary) we get 2 new Prostar's each season, and always with the 6.2 as we are elevation. Last season we had one boat in the shop and MC loaned us a 5.7, it was awesome! I am 6'5" and 240 and no issues getting up to speed even on the short lake 2. For Sl, the 5.7 works awesome and I do not jump!

• Baller

A filet at Ruths Chris is $46. A filet at Texas Roadhouse is $19.

When you come on here and rant and rave about how it's such a ripoff to go to Ruths Chris because Texas Roadhouse offers the "same dang thing" for less than half price, I promise it says a lot more about you than it does about Ruths Chris.

• Baller

If the real world buy price of a Nautique is considerably more than an MC or BU we as consumers should support those companies. Watch how quickly the price of the Nautique would drop. A product carrying a higher price makes a consumer feel as if they are getting a better or higher quality item. Not always true can just be marketing. Not saying it’s not true but hey if everyone jumps brand loyalty away from Nautique watch how quickly the marketing guys there would react.

Caveat- slalom boats are a small market would hate to have a big 3 drop out of DD boat production because of mass brand exodus to fight against potentially inflated pricing.

• Baller
Nautique gets most of the boat-building "best-practices" right. I like to pay as little as possible for things, but I personally don't necessarily want to send the message that cutting corners to cut costs should always be the overriding priority. But if you can't see anything to differentiate between the products at issue then the economically rational choice is obviously to not pay the up-charge.

• Baller

You guys are so misinformed. The Ski Nautique was never designed or priced for the everyday skier. This boat is the most innovated ski boat ever built for high end skiers that like to have the best money can buy and want to ski behind what will be pulling them at tournaments. Nautique gives the rest of the skiers the option for the 200 Club. Think of it as a ZR1 Corvette compared to the Stingray. Not everyone has a ZR1 and not everyone can afford one.

Also one thing that was not mentioned. Why is the boat so expensive? It is really Carbon Fiber! Remember years ago when Goode came out with the first carbon fiber ski and it was $1000. No one thought it would sell!

• Baller
I am so glad that I am old and very happy to own and ski behind older boats.I have been lucky to have many boats the last couple years and find them all enjoyable to ski.I think which ski or boat is the best is all personal preference and we most likely base that on our personal experiences.Boats and skis are like women.........they are all different and its good that they are otherwise we would all love the same one.Remember whenever you get something new you get a new set of dislikes.......