What have you done for you local boat dealer?

Horton

• Administrators

Most Promo boats are on the books at a dealership. For MasterCraft and Nautique the promo person has paid a deposit and may hold the title but it is really the dealer that is at financial risk. I think Malibu has a similar program but am not sure.

In most cases the average tournament skier does not have any idea where the boat came from (unless they ask).

So my question is - what have you done for the dealer who has his money tied up in the promo boat you get at your local tournament?

Might not sound like much but walking into that dealership and telling the manager how much you appreciate the promo boat is actually a big deal. While you are there get some boat cleaning chems or other generic stuff you normally get off Amazon. ( Don’t be silly - if you need a ski, vest or wetsuit call @PerfSki )

AND HOLY CRAP - if the day comes that you need a new or late model boat PLEASE give the dealer that provides the local Promo boats first crack at your business!

The point is we use these boats at events and so many skiers take it for granted.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

The Utah Mastercraft promo boat was paid for in full by the promo guy.

The promo guy has an agreement that he can return the boat for full reimbursement after 12 months or keep the boat.

No brainer if you have the extra coin sitting around and want to rock the tightest boat in the industry.

• Baller

My last two boats were promos (one from No. CA, one from OR). Not that I buy boats often but I will always buy a promo.

My 'local' dealer is Liquid Edge/Doug Meeker in Farmer City, IL. No offense to PerfSki and the other BOS advertisers but Doug gets all my ski, vest, shirts, wetsuit. etc. business. I may pay a bit more but he has a wide selection of product that I can see and test before I buy. And if nothing else I enjoy talking to Doug when I visit his store, great guy with a lot of boat/ski knowledge.

Only exception are ropes and handles, Masterline has treated me very well. :-)

• Baller
My dealer supports skiing and tournaments. While my boat is not a promo boat, I did offer it up as a tow boat to fill holes in the local schedule if needed and have offered to pull prospective new-boat buyers skiing for demo purposes, if needed.

• Baller
Active Watersports in the Portland area(4 stores!) is amazing. Warren Freece and his team do a fantastic job with service of the boats(Nautique and Malibu dealer) great support for local 3 event skier’s, promo team members, and tournaments. They go waaay over and above. Plus they’re really nice to work with! A++