2017 Mastercraft Prostar up for auction

CU_SKI

The Clemson Ski Team is selling their 2017 Mastercraft Prostar. We have our 2019 boat on the lift so now its time for the 2017 to find a new home. The school requires us to sell the boat through the Gov Deals auction site.

This is an amazing opportunity to get a boat this new for a price lower than you would find anywhere else. Please check out the posting at the link above and feel free to ask any questions about the boat

This auction closes tomorrow 4/2 3:00 PM ET

The current bid is only $31,400. You will not find a 2 year old boat for anywhere close to this price anywhere else. If you are looking at getting a new boat but do not want to spend new boat prices, this is for you.

• Administrators

Ignoring the reality of the sales tax - 50k for a 2 year old 620 hr ProStar strikes me as close to fair market value. ($43,800 is stupid cheap but that is not what the real cost out the door was.)

As I'm contemplating if the price is a little low or little high I'm wondering if anybody has ever tried to chart how the value of any boat decreases per 100 hours? If you told me you got a 300 hr base ProStar for 57k I would call that plausible but a very good deal.

Goode  KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki ★ Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
Conversely, I've been wondering the value of my 26 hour '15 Prostar, that also has 3 years of warranty remaining. What are these factors worth in the market. I'm struggling with the idea of perhaps selling it, for the obvious reason that it spends its life sitting in my garage. It's never even spent a night AT the lake, let alone in the lake.

• Baller
@MS even private party auto sales in MN have sales tax added when you go to transfer the title. A little bogus since the PO already paid sales tax when they bought it. Guessing its the same in SC.

• Baller

Same in MI. Pay at registration. New or used (although my experience is all used, including out of state). If the same boat sold every year, they would keep getting 6% each year as is slowly decreases value. Seems a bit off when you think about it.... our roads should be better!

Edit- I think I get @MS question better now. If you are not keeping it in state, you shouldn’t have to pay tax. That would be real bad, pay it there then pay full tax in your home state too.

• Baller
this thread went from a boat, to taxes, now to turtles. @Horton I’m looking for a way to get back to Bako to help you add some hours. Closest I’ve got right now is Hollywood in a couple weeks. We bought my old 14 Prostar and hung 475 hours on it in 3 years. It was worth every hour of depreciation too!