Prostar upgrade to ZO rev S

Dacon62

• Baller

Bought a used PS. Have not even had it on the water yet or spent enough time with it to get familiar with it’s systems but want to upgrade to Rev S.

It’s a 17 with a single puck ZO.

Where/how do I find the head units serial and model number?

• Baller

@Dacon62 ..... It is displayed on the Diagnostic Page.

To display the Diagnostic screen, 1. HOLD ON/OFF MENU button to display the main menu bar. 2. TAP UP or DOWN button to highlight SCRN. 3. TAP SELECT button to display the list of screens. 4. TAP UP or DOWN button to highlight Diagnostics. 5. TAP SELECT button. An asterisk is next to Diagnostics. 6. TAP ON/OFF MENU button twice. The main menu bar is cleared and the Diagnostic screen is displayed. Diagnostic Screen Description P/N Part Number of the system S/N Serial Number of the system SW Software version loaded on the system SEL to Clear TAP SELECT button to clear the error codes ??Active Column 1st column of Error Codes. Lists the most recent error codes. Header line shows how many codes are present (??) ??Historic Column 2nd column of Error Codes. Lists the archived error codes that have been generated for the system. Header line shows how many codes are present (??) 7. To clear the error codes, TAP SELECT button. 8. TAP UP or DOWN buttons to move to the Recreational screen. 9. HOLD ON/OFF MENU to return to the main menu bar. ”

PS: You will Love REV. "S" Plus Settings.

• Baller

That is correct. Just recently did the upgrade and had to do away with the Dual Puck System and Install the Single Puck, along with the REV.S Download. Best investment I ever made. This is a TOTALLY different ZO. Not once have I been pulled up coming off a ball and I'm using C3+. Best pull I ever had since hand driving.

• Baller
@Ed_Johnson - That hasn't been my experience (at least with non plus settings). I am considering upgrading my 16 because I might like the new plus. However, just using B2, I can not detect any difference between the single and dual puck MC boats. Sunday, I skied back to back sets between my 16 dual puck boat and our Promo driver's 19 MC to try out the new plus setting. I didn't even feel much of a difference with that (I do not use Plus on my boat). It was windy though, so have to try that again. When we were trying out trick mode a couple of years ago, I really liked that and the new plus mode was supposed to be "similar" to that. It is not though as I can tell when I pull someone in that mode that the engine is not nearly as aggressive as the trick mode testing we did. I have skied to my practice average (practice with my 16 dual puck boat) behind all the single puck boats since it came out (except the initial single puck 5.3 Nautique which everyone struggled with at first). I will test the new plus again on a calm day before deciding if I need to drop $500.00 for the conversion.

• Baller

@Roger...The person to check with at Okeeheelee would be Skip Dunlap. He was the first one to tell me a long time a go that the single puck was the biggest improvement I could make. I was at his house to pick up a new prop, and he was installing one in a 200 at the time. Skip is a Great Guy and Extremely knowledgeable on this subject. I believe he has installed several of these. All I can say is he was totally correct on what he had told me about changing props on my 200, and totally accurate on what I have experienced with the Single Puck System. I only wished I had listened to him sooner.

Monday was the first time I pulled someone with the new system and I also noticed the engine does not seem to be working as hard. He has skied behind my boat several times before and can run 39. Normally he uses C2... On his opening pass at 32 off, his comment was "This thing is a Freight Train." He switched to C1 and totally Loved it. He felt it reacted quicker, but smoother. I wanted him to spend some time with the plus, but he said, no way, I'm staying with C1 which was perfect. I told him he was the 2nd skier to tell me, that when they skied the single puck behind a 6L, they switched from C2 to C1, and went back to C2 behind the 5.7L.

In closing Roger, it was really good to hear from you, and I really respect your opinion. I hope you get a chance to try it again in calm water and combine it with the new ML Optimized Rope. I can only say for me it is much smoother and develops a lot more Swing Speed. I have not tried it in non-plus mode, but ended up going from my normal B1+ Rev R, to C3+ Rev S, and would never ever want to go back to Dual Puck R again. Good Luck.

• Baller
@Ed_Johnson - The only Dunlap I know around here is Skip (maybe Danny is his given name, don't know). Sounds like him though. I agree that the prop change and single puck were a big deal on the SN, I just don't feel much of a difference, if any, on the MC. If it turns out that I like the new Plus, I will upgrade, otherwise, my scores have been consistent with my practice scores anyway, so why change? I'll be at the Air Show in Lakeland next Friday BTW...

• Baller

@Roger...Your right, I mean't Skip. I use to fly years a go in the Airline with a Danny Dunlap. I'll go back and change it. My Alzheimers kicking in !!!

Can't really comment on the MC vs SN. I've only used S Plus behind the 200 6L. For me it was a Huge Difference. Not once have I been pulled up out of position coming off a ball, like happened before with Dual Puck R plus. There is no way with R that I could have ever skied C3, leave off C3 Plus. Now it seems to pick me up smoother and release smoother.

Hope you enjoy the Airshow, I miss Performing there. It was a Huge Show to perform in for me with the Bud Light Jet, since it was one of the biggest Budweiser Distributors, owned by Bernie Little, who had the Miss Budweiser Jet Powered Hydroplane. We even had a Race one time for ESPN in Indiana between Miss Budweiser and the Bud Light Jet. I was told if I wanted to keep my sponsorship to let the Boat Win.....Anyway, I have a long awaited Knee Surgery next Fri. so won't be going this year. Enjoy !!!

• Baller

@Ed_Johnson - Didn't know you where headed for surgery. Hope the outcome is positive and you are back on the water soon!

For everyone else, here is how small a world it can be. Ed and I both participated in the same air show in 1975. We did not know each other. He was a member of the B-D5 Jet Team and I was a member of the skydiving team. I only found out about our dual participation a couple of years ago on this forum B) 5y4lsa7ybokb.jpg

lbvecd8x2vda.jpg

I am kneeling lower left. Maybe Ed has a shot of his team to offer...

Sorry for the thread drift.

• Baller

Roger and I had a lot in common back then. I actually started my Airshow career in 1968, as a teenager Sky Diving in Florida Airshows. My College, Embry-Riddle in Daytona, didn't have a Football Team, but we had a Sky Diving Team.....Great Times!!!

• Baller
Hi Guys - I called and spoke with a technician at Zero Off about this new revision. He claimed the change only helped to provide a stronger pull in the "+" setting. I have honestly never used the "+" setting yet. Is it really worth doing this upgrade for an amateur course skier?

• Baller

The difference is subtle. The people who will actually gain buoys by upgrading are few and advanced only. You certainly won't be held back from improving without the upgrade.

Still, it's an easy upgrade and eventually someone who wants it will ski behind your boat.

As long as you aren't skiing B2 you'll be fine either way.

Eric

• Baller

This new zero off is crazy. Skiing on my old 2011 200 with rev Q is so completely different than the rev s.

So now what if I want to ski tournaments I up grade if I even can with the 5.7to rev s or buy new.

Why can't they just stick with what they had

• Baller
@WaterSkier12 All Nautiques at 2018 Midwest Regionals and Nationals were running Version S. That is the version that will be run until any other version may come out in the future. I think MB and MC were as well, but someone else will have to verify that.