super light boat cover

Horton

• Administrators
Anybody know where to get a super light boat cover? Sometimes I wish I could just flip a really cheap light boat cover on the boat in 30 seconds as opposed to going to the trouble of rolling out by super tight fitting high quality cover.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

Buddy of mine had a super seemingly cheap-o deal but worked well. Wasn't custom at all but elastic all around the edges once around the nose go to the rear and get it under the platform. Wouldn't take a ton of weather...but he used it as a cover underneath a covered boat lift so more like a dust and animal and bird poop cover than anything. I'll ask him.

• Baller

I’m too lazy to look for the pic of your dock setup but remember it is big. What about a pvc perimeter frame w/ thin tarp or something in the middle of it. Then pulleys and light rope in a few points to raise it up and down.

Or to be really trick you could have it hooked the the lift motor mechanism somehow. Boat goes up and cover comes down.

• Baller_

I had one made of DuPont Tyvek. Stupid light, water proof plus breathable. Was a while back and now I can't seem to locate any. Am seeing some for RVs. They do sell it by the roll. Pretty sure it's easy to sew if you know anyone with that kind of skill.

• Baller
@Horton I've used used that Walmart super light cover mentioned above when going down the gravel roads to some of the remote tournament sites I go to. They should do what you want as long as you don't have much wind. I don't like to use my good cover for those as the dust seems to get into the weave of the covers. For your dock, the ultimate easy solution is a Touchless Cover I love mine and there is never a though about leaving the boat uncovered.

• Baller

If all you want it a dust cover, just make one? An afternoon with a sewing machine and some cheap-o material and you can get what you need. Unless you're looking for something a little cleaner/better fitting.

I have an old school draw string cover for my 196 that I roll over it in the winter. No clue who makes it - it was built to the boat, but loose fitting. I'll see if I can find a manufacture.

The best is a parachute cover. Buy an old parachute from an Army Navy store, cut it so it so it goes over the rub rail and have elastic stitched around the edges. Light, easy to install and remove by yourself, and you can stuff it into a little bag to be stored anywhere.

• Baller

@Horton, did you ever try out one of those cheap universal covers?

I store my boat in the garage and only use my boat cover for 6 mo out of the year. Would like a super light cover that will keep the dust off. I have a SN 196 and don't need a platform cover

My canvas one works but it's bulky to store for 6 months of the year...

• Baller
I need one too. Our boat is kept under roof but in open air. All I do is clean off pollen these days. But it gets better — soon the love bugs will arrive! I just want something light and quick to put over the boat. Doesn’t have to be waterproof or be able to withstand wind or towing.