ZO REVISION "S" UPDATES

Ed_Johnson

• Baller

Recently my ZO (2 puck Rev. R) started doing funky things, like switching Letters on it's own during a pass. Even went from 34 mph to 32 during a pass. I was told before, that if your clock was perfect your antennas were. That is not true, clock was perfect. Ran a diagnostic test and it says GPS2 Fail. I assume that is my right antenna.

I ordered a new Single Puck system and Rev. S. Since I have always skied Rev. R on B2+, and the new Plus system is totally different, have any Ballers out their gone from the old Plus, to the new Plus, and what can you expect the differences to be. Thought I would ask before starting a lot of trial and error.

Thanks in advance, ED

• Baller_
I can’t answer your exact question, but normal C2 and B3 (I Switch between the two) seem pretty much the same between the two systems. I tried c3+ and A1+ behind R and hated it enough to know i didn’t need to go down that road. In Rev S, I tried C2 and B1 2 and 3 all in the plus mode and all were skiable, though since I was was working on other changes (fins, bindings, skis) I shelved the ZO experiment for a while. It seems to me that new plus is nothing like old plus.

Lpskier

• Baller
Converted my old 196 (5.7 liter) to single puck REV s. On the 2 puck, skied C2+. Began with C2+ on the new REV S and liked it. Got in better ski shape and skied at Swiss behind the new 2019 Nautique with the 6.2. C2+ felt a bit firm and dropped to C2. The new boat felt great and made me feel earlier and wider than my boat. Although it was very windy, skied behind a new 200 6.2 liter and thought the pull on C2 was firmer than the 2019 Ski Nautique. Dropped to C1 and it felt better. On my boat, I bounce back and forth from C2 to C2+. In that you ski B2+ on the 2 puck system, I would suggest starting on B2 and then add the + with REV S to see if you like it. More than likely, it will be one or the other.

• Baller

Thanks to everyone. My new system should arrive Monday and can't wait to try it. Just started using the ML Optimized Rope, so should be able to get ready for everything you will now face at Tourneys this year.

Please keep any tips coming. THX

• Baller

Rev S Update...Finally got Rev. S installed and skied my first set with it today. I had been skiing B1+ under the old Rev. R for years now, so that is where I started. Seemed to have less power but very smooth. Went on to try B2+ B3+ C1+ and C2+. What was surprising was how smooth ZO treated me. There use to be significant differences between those settings in plus mode. Under Rev R there is no way I could have skied C2+ without being yanked out of my bindings. Under Rev. S, the power comes on, and lets off so smoothly. I will now be using C2+ as my new setting.

I had previously tried Trick Mode a couple times with Rev. R, but it did not feel the same as the new "S" System. This was the smoothest pull I have ever had behind ZO, and I am 6"4"@220lbs. This is behind a CC200 6.0L also. I am also skiing with a bad front knee that is going to be operated on April 5th, so it is quite sensitive to load right now. I use a Cane to get to the Dock.

I have to give the new system an incredible Thumps Up, especially for us Big Guys. Good Job ZO and Thank You.

• Baller
I fully agree, see my comments from early last summer from the first time I tried S on the + setting. It was the first time I had skied since ZO came out that I didn't feel beat up by the time I got back to the dock.

• Baller

Due to my knee, today was the first day I skied since my last post. I started out on C2+, which I said before was my new favorite. Much better than my previous B1+ from Rev. R. One of the things I noticed, reviewing Video from the other day was, whenever I moved up to a new letter or number, I was moving up farther on the boat. After 4 passes today at C2+, it really felt good, so I decided for my last two passes to try C3+. WOW, even better. This is insane. On Rev. R, if I would have gone to C3+, not only would I have been pulled out of my bindings coming off the ball, my arms would have been on the other side of the lake.

In my mind this is absolutely crazy to me. As I move up the ladder in Letters and Numbers, the sequence of power coming in and letting off is really smooth. I just get cross course earlier and earlier and moving up farther on the boat.... C3+ is now my new setting for sure. If there was a C10 +, I would be using it. I have never been pulled up out of position at any of these new plus settings. This is making skiing so much more enjoyable for us Big Guys, that got crucified before. Thank You Zero Off !!!