42 off

ShererSkier

• Baller
Awesome @drew let us know how it goes. My experience skiing a course that was set up too wide (accidentally) one time is that the ski will need to be MUCH faster and free-er in order to work. It takes a lot more energy to go out and come back that extra meter.

• Baller
With the limited amount of people running the mega short lengths, why not just make a stand-alone 42 off line just for that pass, then if they get through it, put the standard line back on at 43 off? Might get a few more people into that line length and widen the field a bit........

• Baller

Missed this thread first time around and really looking forward to @drew report after trying it. I want to try it!

I would be interested in both wider and longer. I realize with so many private lakes longer would be a challenge, but curious.

If we had a tournament course at 12M (keep current length) and a training course at 10M it would be interesting for both new skiers and tournaments skiers. With today’s 11.5M course there there is little less room to do this effectively. 9.5M? Instead, we just run the split path to make a pseudo “mini course”.

• Baller

Did I miss a proposal for longer? If I understand "the idea," then making the course shorter would be the option to consider. Think of that as sorta like making the boat faster but without the danger factor that comes from the v^2 term in kinetic energy.

But wider seems a lot easier because then you only have to move 6 buoys as opposed to almost all of them.