March Roll Call

Horton

• Baller

@Horton yeah, I only could stand 3 "passes" free skiing. Feet just were too cold.

@scotchipman just going off the dock thermometer...reads 33*. Given the fact that the last 4-5 weeks our night time temps have been 24-27*F, and day time temps have been low to mid 40's, and the lake was frozen over for about two weeks up until 6 days ago, hard to argue that 33* reading.

• Baller

May have to wait for more opportune date in March. Weather forecast for Indiana is snow today followed by single digit temps for a few days. I did get a ski ride in on "fat boy" on Wednesday, February 27th. Had to dodge a few sheets of thin ice drifting around the lake!yz603r4dqesp.jpg

• Baller

I've been three times already, all free skiing. First two days was some pretty choppy water but today was awesome. Photo of day 1 below. This was on March 17th. Water was 44, but the air was about 70. It's cooled down since then, but summer is on the way!!!

6sfb27n3p4nj.jpg

• Baller

Visiting my oldest daughter in Italy was a good excuse to stop by Jolly Ski and make some early season turns (ice in NH is still pretty thick). Very nice of them to put up with a total hack like myself. Great coaches and facility.

84nuupw79xyg.jpg

ll855k7xsjl4.jpg

• Baller_

skied for the third time yesterday, so 4 sets total so far for March, finally shortening and running the green loop again, and just like @horton there were times I'm glad no one was watching, next week it's on to that blue loop

as always, it was a beautiful day at the lake

ikbncb51mrwj.jpg

• Baller
@Shell and I got in 2 sets each this weekend in GA, enjoyed meeting new neighbors/friends at Whitestone Lake Estates. 56 degree water, 70 air with a stiff head/tail breeze. Those of us from Michigan just needed shorties!