Ready to get back at it!

Jboss

• Baller

Hi Gang,

You may have seen my post last week where I purchased a very lightly used (45 hours) loaded '17 Prostar. I'm incredibly excited. While I (im)patiently wait for the weather to break here in the Midwest, I am researching vests and skis. I'm embarrassed to say that I am still skiing on a KD7000 from the year 2000. :o I have been Slaloming (I barefoot too) for 30 years, with most of that being open water skiing. While I haven't skied a course in literally 20 years, I can ski pretty darn well and I plan on hitting it HARD this Summer, including taking professional lessons. With that said, I am looking for ski recommendations. Cost is not an issue. I just want to get the right ski for me. I am 6'2" and weigh 175 lbs.

I am also looking for a high-quality impact vest with back support . Do you guys have any recommendations for me?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Jim

• Baller

Canary has a nice vest with support.

Lots of good skis. Try some demo programs.

Once had a KD like yours. You might like D3. I like Goodes latest ski shape. Efficient. Shape was used I. The Rev 6 and currently the Revolution.

• Baller

@Cent Trying demos is a great suggestion. I'll do that. Thanks

@h2onhk I appreciate the tip. I've been on my KD7000 for so long, I don't know what to expect the new skis and bindings to feel like. That's probably even more reason for me to try a couple demos.

• Baller

If you liked your KD for allthat time, go D3.

All of Dennis Kidder skis that i have skied (Redline,FX 7.0, KD7000,Nomad,D3 Quest 45) all of them were skier friendly and very easy to adapt to.

Good luck!

Where can i see pix of your nee boat?

• Baller

I think @Cent meant Camaro as the vest company with a built in back brace. I have one and it is very nice.

The boat looks sweet. There are a ton of new skis you can ride that you will enjoy the hell out of that will be an improvement over the KD. Calling Performance Ski in Orlando could set you up with a vest and a ski.

• Baller

Thanks, @disland!

@Chef23 - I was looking at the Camaro vest online. It looks like exactly what I am looking for. As long as the quality is good, I'm in.

@75Tique - I am not a fan of pickle-fork front-ends. With that said, I can tolerate the ProStar pickle-fork because it is so small.

• Baller_

Camaro is very high quality but it can be fragile.

If you want comport, Camaro; if you want durability, O’Neill. But I don’t know if O’Neill makes what you are looking for.

All that said, I also like Stokes and Eagle. So whatever you pick you’ll probably be pretty satisfied.

Remember: If it fits in the store, it’s too big.

Lpskier

• Baller
Had my Stokes vest for about a year now, great vest and Quality. I use a Freetoo back support belt it has no metal on it all Velcro attachments. I wear it around the out side of the vest. Completely eliminated my back issues.

• Baller
I have the Camaro and like the integrated back support. I have found it durable so far but I am pretty careful with my stuff. I also have an Eagle which is a little thinner but nice as well. As @lpskier said you should barely be able to zip it when dry. All the vests stretch out.