Don't forget to tune into Swiss Pro Tricks this Sunday

https://www.swissprotricks.com/

Horton Horton

Why is the 2019 Nautique 200 heavier than it’s predecessors?

Jmoski

• Baller

Hey guys,

Anyone know why the 2019 200 is 550 pounds heavier than its 2010-2018 counterparts?

Just noticed that fact since I am about to buy a lift for my 196, but am sizing the lift to handle a 200 in case I upgrade. The weight jumping to 3400 means I probably need a 5k lift instead of 4K. Granted I would most likely buy a low hour first generation 200 that would be ok with the 4K lift.

Thanks

• Baller

Put my new 2019 nautique 200 in the water yesterday. All I can say is, if the boat is heavier, it doesn’t translate to the wake. My ski partner skied and he has a 2014 200 and said it felt just as good if not better. I drove because of some back issues but it tracked better than his 2014. Feels so solid.

It’s super quiet and unbelievably strong. It made my 6.0 in my previous Malibu feel like a 4 banger. So happy with my purchase.

Oh and the user interface of the Linc screen is so easy and intuitive.

ykn9evt1q3z1.jpeg

7aqjatwphvtw.jpeg

• Baller

Craftlander makes a very well built 4500 lb. lift.

This lift uses 5/16 SS cables, versus 1/4 inch found on lower weight rated lifts, and lifts by many other manufacturers.

Might not sound like much, but it is.

• Baller

There's no way it's that much heavier than the previous 200. Without the saddle bags, it might even be a few pounds lighter. I'm thinking maybe they sandbagged the old number or inflated the new number to make the SN appear much lighter?

@mbabiash wow that's a great looking boat. For the common man, I think it would be a hard upsell to go an SN over the 200.

• Baller_
FWIW I was surprised how close the stated weight on the trailer sticker matched the weight off a scale. Not too relevant as a mid 90's trailer so take it with a grain of salt but a data point. As noted, best to run it over the scales.

I drove a new 2019 Ski AND a new 2019 200 with the same engine, the base 6.0L ZR4 409hp engine.

I’m unsure of the transmissions or props used, but the 200 was a rocket compared to the Ski. The 200 got to speed quicker, and felt way stronger and easier to drive in the course.

Same hull below the rub rail, so with the new 200 your spending a lot more money on the same wake, but it has SeaDek, no saddle bags, a weird step to the bow, and a gorgeous driver’s display.

I drove the new Ski with the H6 450hp and the H5 355hp. I wouldn’t buy the new Ski without the 6.2L H6 motor unless a different prop can solve the hole shot problem.

• Baller

I’ve heard the same thing comparing the 6.0 in both new Nautiques. Which begs the question, does weight really matter. If the Ski Nautique weighs less than the 200 it sure pushes more water.

All I know is my new 200 is the best boat I’ve owned to date and it is an absolute rocket and tracks on rails.

And same world class wake of the past 200s.

• Baller
Once up to speed I dont think the new ski would push more water than the 200, I would have thought the reverse? Having spent plenty of time driving both it feels like the ski is more on top of the water.