Ski season officially starts at BallOfSpray HQ today - 2019 ProStar on the lift

Horton

• Administrators
@Jetsetr I sprayed the shorelines, move rocks around on the islands, and turned the pumps on. We can fill 4 or 5 inch per day if the pump runs 24 hours. Sometime tomorrow we will be 100% full and I will turn the pump (well) off.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Administrators
@Golfguy ProStar is a 5.7. Surprisingly quiet and strong. Not sure if there is a new spec or if we just got lucky. 7th new boat I've had in the last five years and I gotta say she's really unquestionably the best driving and skiing one yet.

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

@Horton I agree, I have had my Promo 2019 since last August and pulled 6 tournaments. Out of the box it was smooth and the 5.7 providing plenty of power. I pulled a couple of lake records and a favorite of super short line skiers and, as you would expect with the low soft wake, the younger divisions. A great boat. I am now trying to pre sell the 2020 model.

• Administrators

@dw in five years I've had seven boats and none of them have been lemons by any stretch of the imagination. This new boat just feels a little bit more balanced and the steering is strangely perfect right out of the box. It's just a joy to drive and extremely easy to keep it straight even with a big boy like @rico behind it.

The 5.7 has always been powerful enough for The ProStar at sea level. This one for some reason seems like it has a little extra.

It's the tiny things - it's the little things.

It's always fun getting a new boat every 6 or 9 months but I'm going to be really sad when I have to trade this one in.

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller_
@Horton: thx, that color combo is really nice. At the current trajectory the next one will be even better. Not surprising both MC and the engine source (assuming Illmor) did a bit of tuning to improve the tug. Sounds like whomever gets it won't be sad you have to trade it back...

• Administrators

@dw well she is for sale. It's good for me to help NorCal MasterCraft turn boats but I'm not sure how excited I am to help this one go fast.

Actually on second thought the boats terrible. Nobody wants this boat. If you are in the market for a ProStar this is not about for you :-)

Drop a dime in the can

• Administrators
@keithh2oskier after a lot of thought and discussion we opted to not use carpet. The bunks themselves are composite fake wood w/ a poly exterior. The theory is that sand gets in the carpet and scratches at the bottom of the boat but the smooth plastic does not collect sand and does less damage the bottom of the boat. I've never really noticed scuffs on the bottoms of my boat so I think it works pretty good.

Drop a dime in the can

• Administrators

@wawaskr

No two skis are exactly the same. No two Mercedes or Lexus are exactly the same. No two anything are totally identical. MasterCraft makes the most consistent product in the industry (in my opinion).

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller
@Horton your bow lid sits a little high on the windshield side like my boat. I was thinking the two rubber mounts might be a little tall on mine, but your boat is making me rethink this. Did you last couple of lids fit like this or was it flush with the deck?